Fish, Free To Great Home In New York Or Surrounding Areas

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
A neighbor of mine has fallen ill and is having trouble caring for his beloved fish. He's had them all for a long time and just wants them to go to a good, caring, responsible home. They will come with their tanks and filters, heaters, gravel, etc. Here's details:

50 gallon with Colombian cat fish shark, (9 years old, 9-10 inches, not aggressive, vegetarian); South American Pleco (5 years old, 5 inches); Common Pleco (5 years old, 7-8 inches)

39 gallon with Common Pleco (11 years old, 14 inches) and 2 Tinfoil Barbs (orange fins, 8-9 inches)

44 gallon empty tank.

We are unable to ship and would prefer that the adopter be in Albany, NY or the surrounding areas. I will try to attach some photos later.

Thank you for reading!

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know some members here are in NY so hopefully you can find them a good home! What species are the plecos and barbs?

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Platylover said:
I know some members here are in NY so hopefully you can find them a good home! What species are the plecos and barbs?
That's an excellent question! I'll ask him later on today because I'm not sure. I'll get back to you! I'm glad you know folks in NY who are members! Hopefully they may be interested in these guys

wapooshe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How large are your smaller plecos? I live in long island so I could pick them up. Also, do they only come with tank or heater and filter as well knowing that plecos produce lots of waste a filter would be Nice.

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
wapooshe said:
How large are your smaller plecos? I live in long island so I could pick them up. Also, do they only come with tank or heater and filter as well knowing that plecos produce lots of waste a filter would be Nice.
I don't know the measurement of the smaller Plecos, I'll try to get pictures of them up later. They will come with the tanks and equipment in each tank. I'll get more details of that later along with the pictures.

wapooshe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Je55*e said:
I don't know the measurement of the smaller Plecos, I'll try to get pictures of them up later. They will come with the tanks and equipment in each tank. I'll get more details of that later along with the pictures.
I know your taking the time to re-home these fish, but if you wouldn't mind is the 50 gal available if I took only one or a few fish? I have 2 goldfish which will end up outgrowing their 15 gal one day and it would be amazing if I could move them into a 50 gal. But, I wouldn't want your fish to remain homeless over mine. It's selfish I know, but it would be awesome to have the two plecos and two goldies in the tank together.

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
wapooshe said:
I know your taking the time to re-home these fish, but if you wouldn't mind is the 50 gal available if I took only one or a few fish? I have 2 goldfish which will end up outgrowing their 15 gal one day and it would be amazing if I could move them into a 50 gal. But, I wouldn't want your fish to remain homeless over mine. It's selfish I know, but it would be awesome to have the two plecos and two goldies in the tank together.
He would like them to go together but thanks for asking!

I updated the original post to include more detail and am still going to put pictures up later.

wapooshe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I wouldn't be able to take care of all the fish sorry. But, NY is large! Your bound to easily find someone. If not I think NY has fish shelters or something of the sort. Good luck!

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
wapooshe said:
I wouldn't be able to take care of all the fish sorry. But, NY is large! Your bound to easily find someone. If not I think NY has fish shelters or something of the sort. Good luck!
Ok, thanks.

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Correct, Mcasella, I am unable to ship. Only two large barbs and a large pleco are left.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom