Fish for 55 gallon FOWLR saltwater tank

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Stocking' started by fish4life157, Dec 5, 2012.

1. fish4life157

fish4life157 Valued Member Member

Hi Fishlore! I have a currently cycling 55 gallon saltwater FOWLR tank and I need some input on fish to put in it. I am planning to have 3 green chomis, 2 firefish, 2 picasso clownfish, one six line wrasse, one red blood shrimp, and a coral beauty or flame angelfish. Keep in mind that I am a beginner and do you think these are good, hardy, nonaggressive (other than angelfish) fish to get? Please post your input and any comments you have down below.

2. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I have almost the same stock minus the chomis and wrasse. My Clowns where the first thing I added and my Flame was the last. So I would go Chomis,firefish(make sure you have a tight fitting lid they like to jump), Clowns, wrasse, and than angel for the best results. And remimber the big of the two clowns will be your female so buy one big and one small or if you can get a proven pair that would be even better:).

3. E

Eli The Fish Man Valued Member Member

That sounds Amazing

4. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Your set up sounds similar to what I have as well. I started off with my three chromis (Larry, Curly and Moe) and I let them hang out for about 2 weeks before I added my 2 clowns, then a week later I added my firefish, and a week after that I added my bangaii. I am getting a 6 line wrasse as well. Definately add the angel last;) the little busy bodies. your plan sounds solid. Make sure you have your Clean Up Crew in place too. I have 13 hermit crabs, cleaner shimp and a couple snails too. I actually added half the crew before I added the chromis and the other half of my crew after I added a few other fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice