Fish for 18 degrees 60 litre

carsonsgjs

I plan on creating an aquarium for some white cloud mountain minnows that will be 60 litres

I plan on keeping
Cherry Shrimp × ?
White Cloud Mountain minnows × 6
American Flagfish x 1
Zebra Danio x 4
Hill Stream Loaches x 3

Would this be overstocked? (calculators cant seem to agree)
And How many Cherry Shrimp should I have?
And what substrate should I use?
I think the danios would prefer a bigger tank as they are fairly active, so id probably up the wcmm numbers instead and leave the danios out.

I havent kept hillstreams but i believe they need a decent amount of flow through the tank and achieving that in a small tank may not be feasible. Perhaps someone else can share their experiences on that.

in terms of substrate, id go with sand personally. Are you planning on adding plants to the tank?

Upvote 0

Cadgey

I think the danios would prefer a bigger tank as they are fairly active, so id probably up the wcmm numbers instead and leave the danios out.

I havent kept hillstreams but i believe they need a decent amount of flow through the tank and achieving that in a small tank may not be feasible. Perhaps someone else can share their experiences on that.

in terms of substrate, id go with sand personally. Are you planning on adding plants to the tank?
Thank you and no I do not plan on keeping live plants and what would u suggest as an alternative to Hillstream Loaches if I cannot get a high enough water flow and does anyone have any ideas on how to increase water flow

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
veggieshark
  • Question
Replies
Views
SnakeTS
  • Question
Replies
Views