Fish Foods Mixup

hjack9090

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My dad was feeding my fish today (Was busy) and he gave them growing koi pellets. They have grown in their mouths and my fish have been chewing for 1h straight. Can anyone help me with this?

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As the food absorbs water, it will soften enough for the fish to swallow some and spit out some. If you notice any with swollen bellies, go ahead and skip a day of feeding until they can digest and get rid of the swollen food in their digestive tracts. If there is any left in the tank, remove it with a net or siphon.
hjack9090 said:
My dad was feeding my fish today (Was busy) and he gave them growing koi pellets. They have grown in their mouths and my fish have been chewing for 1h straight. Can anyone help me with this?

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just checking on your dad's feeding misake. Are any fish bloated today or leave a lot of spit out food in the tank?
finnipper59 said:
As the food absorbs water, it will soften enough for the fish to swallow some and spit out some. If you notice any with swollen bellies, go ahead and skip a day of feeding until they can digest and get rid of the swollen food in their digestive tracts. If there is any left in the tank, remove it with a net or siphon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom