Fish Food Variety

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've had my tank going since January, but the only thing I've ever fed my fish are flakes. Any suggestions for other things to add some variety to their diet? I have tetras, barbs, angels, and a pleco.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The pleco would love veggie wafers of some type. Mine get Omega One veggie rounds. The other fish will help him eat them. I have such a variety of fish that I give them veggie flakes in the morning, and regular flakes plus a treat of some kind at night.
Carol

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
as it has some good info on regular diet for various fish and supplemental foods for every now and then. It's not the end all be all of information (considering they sell the foods they are a tad biased, but known to be a reputable site), but it at least gives you an idea of where to start.

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've been feeding primarily regular flakes in the morning, veggie flakes in the evening, and throw in some blood worms a couple of times per week. I know the angels and barbs like the bloodworms...not sure about tetras.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
sgould said:
I know the angels and barbs like the bloodworms...not sure about tetras.
Yep the tetras love them (at least mine do). I feed them only as a treat every now and again and I use the freeze dried ones from Hikari.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I feed mine flakes, pellets (good kind with shrimp/krill and more), betta bites, shrimp pellets, and green veggies.

jri4

Valued Member
Reaction score
my danios will bottom feed with my corys on their Hikari Sinking Tropical Food Wafers, they also eat nutrafin max tropical flakes.

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i feed my fish pellets, wafers, dried worms, tubifex worms, live worms, vegetables, lettuce, carrots, zucchini(smashed), brine shrimp, .........................umm........what else..........let me think........ : : : :

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom