Fish Food: Goldfish + Tropical.

Goldfishcare

Reaction score
Hello,

Last week I went to the pet shop looking for some fish, then asked one of the pet shop keepers can you feed tropical fish goldfish food. The answer was yes. But I have a worry about that so I need somebody who can tell can I feed tropical fish goldfish food.    Tanks,

Yazan, 

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hI ,

there r tropical fish food in the stores for both goldfish and other tropical fish, u can feed those tropical fish food to your goldfish as well as other fish; but there r some special food only for goldfish, I don't know actually whether u can feed those to other tropical fish or not. probably u can........I feed my goldfish tropical fish food like pellets, dried tubifex worms, leafy vegetables(boiled and frozen), and live bloodworms(once a week).

aqua man130

Reaction score
It all depends on weather the fish food is onlI for goldfish or it just says goldfish food

but if it has no mention of onlI for goldfish then go ahed

aqua

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Goldies have different needs than tropicals. They need less meat in their diet, and do better with plants and plant proteins. Be careful not to feed them too much meaty foods on a regular basis. I have read this can cause them lots of problems.

OP
G

Goldfishcare

Reaction score
Hey, today I went to read the label and it said Goldfish flakes then I went to read the bottom bit and it said "for coldwater fish" does that mean I can feed it to tropical fish.
;D ;D

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi, what kind of tropical fish u wish to buy? goldfish r coldwater fish.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Goldfishcare said:
Hey, today I went to read the label and it said     Goldfish flakes then I went to read the bottom bit and it said "for coldwater fish" does that mean I can feed it to tropical fish.
;D ;D
It's a special blend for coldwater fish, but you can also feed it to your tropical fish.

OP
G

Goldfishcare

Reaction score
Neville said:
I'm trying to get my parents : to buy me a  platy which in the petshop does not need to have a heater in the tank.

Yazan, ;D

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Goldfishcare said:
Neville said:
I'm trying to get my parents  : to buy me a  platy which in the petshop does not need to have a heater in the tank.

Yazan, ;D
Platys are tropical fish and need a heater in their tank. Even bettas need a heater.

OP
G

Goldfishcare

Reaction score
Gunnie said:
Goldfishcare said:
Neville said:
I'm trying to get my parents  : to buy me a  platy which in the petshop does not need to have a heater in the tank.

Yazan, ;D
Platys are tropical fish and need a heater in their tank.  Even bettas need a heater.   
Well here it says that platys can live in a tank of 18 to 26 degrees (not *F)https://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-Platy.htm. My room temp.. is in the middle. ???

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Goldfishcare said:
Gunnie said:
Goldfishcare said:
Neville said:

Yazan, ;D
Platys are tropical fish and need a heater in their tank.  Even bettas need a heater.   
Well here it says that platys can live in a tank of 18 to 26 degrees (not *F)https://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-Platy.htm. My room temp.. is in the middle. ???
Thanks for pointing that out. I disagree with that. I don't think any tropical fish should be in a tank at a constant temp. of less than 78 degrees.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The profile states 65-78F. I think the 65F is a little cool for them .They still need a heater to keep the water temps at a steady temp. Room temp will vary from morning to night and without a heater so will the water temp.
Carol

OP
G

Goldfishcare

Reaction score
Butterfly said:
The profile states 65-78F. I think the 65F is a little cool for them .They still need a heater to keep the water temps at a steady temp. Room temp will vary from morning to night and without a heater so will the water temp.
Carol
Can somebody please write a list of all the coldwater fish you can think of so I can make my mind up please..

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are too many cold water fish for me to list. Here is a book I have on cold water fish and it's very interesting.
Besides making your own list would be more beneficial for you as you could read about them as you research them
Carol

OP
G

Goldfishcare

Reaction score
Butterfly said:
There are too many cold water fish for me to list. Here is a book I have on cold water fish and it's very interesting. 
Besides making your own list would be more beneficial for you as you could read about them as you research them
Carol
I don't want to buy anything so I would rather look at the book I was reading in my school library.

Yazan,

OP
G

Goldfishcare

Reaction score
Hey, I gust thought of something simple to answer my post, can I feed platys coldwater fish food..

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could probably feed them the goldfish food but they need a variety just like other fish. Carol

OP
G

Goldfishcare

Reaction score
Butterfly said:
You could probably feed them the goldfish food but they need a variety just like other fish. Carol
Thanks Coral ;D, as soon as my dad comes home from California I will ask him to buy me some type of coldwater fish.

Yazan,

New Threads