Fish flashing even after treatment help please

Gritton

Hi I have a community tank with guppies and Cory catfish.
levels are ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 30

weekly water change 30%
Temp 25.6

I noticed last week a few fish flashing and can see no sign of physical illness. I treated tank with
Eesha 2000 wide action fungus fin writ and bacteria treatment
Eesha EXIT white spot and velvet
Eesha gdx for skin flukes gill flukes and tapeworm

these can all be used together and I have completed a three day course. All fish had stopped flashing but this morning I have noticed a Cory and a guppie flashing again. I am due a 50% water change today as per instructions and unsure if I should treat again. I’m worried that they are starting again.
Any ideas please on what this could be or how to help them.
Thank you

A201

Really not a good idea to keep blindly nuking the tank with meds.
Maybe just bump the temperature up to 86 degrees & leave it there for 10
days. Be sure to provide plenty of aeration.
That should help eliminate any residual parasites.

Upvote 0

Gritton

Yeah I’m not wanting to medicate if not needed to be honest I treated for most possible illnesses as advised by my LFS (who didn’t sel the medicine) at what point do I medicate. I’m new to this and first bout of illness.

Upvote 0

A201

Hang in there, things will get much easier as your aquarium environment matures.
Research the most common fish diseases, Ich, Velvet, Hexamita, Flukes & Columnaris. Learn to recognize the symptoms & avoid fish displaying those symptoms when buying.
The only med I keep on hand is Copper Sulfate. Formalin would be an alternative. Both meds readily treat the majority of parasitic diseases.
The best way to treat bacterial infections is "Prevention". Adhere to strict water management. I don't endorse fish specific antibiotics. IMO, they rarely cure & often do more harm than good.
Flashing, does not always indicate a parasitic infestation. Fish will sometimes flash as a reaction to parameter changes during a water change, territorial flashing, or just scratching an itch. Lol.

Upvote 0

Gritton

Thank you. So would I be best to watch for a
Hang in there, things will get much easier as your aquarium environment matures.
Research the most common fish diseases, Ich, Velvet, Hexamita, Flukes & Columnaris. Learn to recognize the symptoms & avoid fish displaying those symptoms when buying.
The only med I keep on hand is Copper Sulfate. Formalin would be an alternative. Both meds readily treat the majority of parasitic diseases.
The best way to treat bacterial infections is "Prevention". Adhere to strict water management. I don't endorse fish specific antibiotics. IMO, they rarely cure & often do more harm than good.
Flashing, does not always indicate a parasitic infestation. Fish will sometimes flash as a reaction to parameter changes during a water change, territorial flashing, or just scratching an itch. Lol.
Would I be best just watching for a few days. Just done 50 change. Checked parameters and as above ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 30. I will get some copper in. Thank you

Upvote 0

A201

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Gritton
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Gritton
Replies