Fish Flashing After Ich Outbreak

tuggerlake26

Details are below. I had an ich outbreak from new fish about 2 weeks ago. I raised the temp of the water to 86 degrees for two weeks. Now I am noticing my fish are flashing- quickly hitting against plants, the glass, etc. Do they have flukes? How can I treat without dyeing my water or impacting plants?

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 20 gallons
How long has the tank been running? Four weeks
Does it have a filter? Yes- canister with filter media used from old tank (I moved)
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? Right now 80.2
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) One gold ram, school of ten neons

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? weekly
How much of the water do you change? 10-15%
What do you use to treat your water? Dechlor
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Vacuum substrate.

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yeah, used Seachem the first week, and used old filter media.
What do you use to test the water? API
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 6.2

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? twice a day
How much do you feed your fish? enough for them within a few minutes
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Frozen bloodworms and flakes
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Yes, frozen bloodworms

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 2 weeks
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Had an inch outbreak as soon as I got them, then noticed the flashing today.
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Fish are hitting against surfaces. No visible spots or anything on them.
Have you started any treatment for the illness? I used natural temperature increases for ich earlier. I have an acrylic tank and cannot use anything with dye.
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No.
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? Had seemed fine the last week, but now the flashing.

BigManAquatics

May not have got all the ich out, too.

Upvote 0

tuggerlake26

Alright, as of this morning one of the fish is now breathing heavily and kind of swimming with it's head down. Potentially flukes maybe?

Is the best bet to set up a hospital tank with general cure? Do a big water change?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
SavTheArtist
75 Gallon Tank Angelfish with some issue
Replies
Views
scubasteve80