Fish Fighting (hard To Explain Read The Forum)

Ecc08

I have a 400 gallon tank I recently got 2 new fish both clownfish one is a black and white ocellaris clownfish and a maroon clownfish they are both baby's I have 1 anemone the maroons I know are aggressive but I decided to try them the maroon took the anemone and kicked the black and white ocellaris out he doesn't have a anemone to protect him and my clown trigger is starting to get aggressive chasing him around trying to eat him the black and white ocellaris keeps running away but I am worried that my clown trigger will eventually catch him does anyone have a idea what I could do about it?

Kamaile

I don't have a saltwater tank, but my first thought is to get another couple anemones...

thesoulpatch

Dont mix the clowns. Stick with one type, they will fight and kill each other.

Pick one or the other.

Nart stella1979 KristaD any other comments?

stella1979

I agree with not mixing the clowns. I don't have any personal experience with large tanks or aggressive fish, but it does sound like the ocellaris is the odd man out. The maroon is probably more likely to hold his own in a big tank with larger and/or aggressive fish.

Ecc08

Dont mix the clowns. Stick with one type, they will fight and kill each other.

Pick one or the other.

Nart stella1979 KristaD any other comments?
The problem with that is that with my tank it is impossible to take fish out once there in because it is easily 3 feet 6 deep and has live rock in the middle

I agree with not mixing the clowns. I don't have any personal experience with large tanks or aggressive fish, but it does sound like the ocellaris is the odd man out. The maroon is probably more likely to hold his own in a big tank with larger and/or aggressive fish.
My son is attached to the ocellaris and doesn't want to give it up. plus it was $85 and the maroon was $25 my son was also watching it for 3 and a half hours to make sure he was safe

Floundering_Around

I would take out the maroon. All clowns are jerks but maroons and tomato clowns really take the pie. If your son is more attach to the black and white oscellaris, then keep it.
Try catching them when then come up to eat. Or try when you're doing a water change and the water level is lower

SecretiveFish

This isn't going to get any better. Most likely the ocellaris clownfish will be killed.

I have had to take our 150 gallon apart more than once to get a problem fish out (all the live rock and corals too). It sucked to put it mildly. After doing that twice, I finally learned and am much, much more careful with stocking compatibility. I would at least try a fish trap to get one of the clownfish out of there.

Ecc08

I have a 400 gallon tank I recently got 2 new fish both clownfish one is a black and white ocellaris clownfish and a maroon clownfish they are both baby's I have 1 anemone the maroons I know are aggressive but I decided to try them the maroon took the anemone and kicked the black and white ocellaris out he doesn't have a anemone to protect him and my clown trigger is starting to get aggressive chasing him around trying to eat him the black and white ocellaris keeps running away but I am worried that my clown trigger will eventually catch him does anyone have a idea what I could do about it?
another option is to wait for the anemone to split

I don't have a saltwater tank, but my first thought is to get another couple anemones...
The problem with that is that anemones are quite invasive 1 is fine but since they move around the entire tank slowly they can sometimes accidentally bump a coral and then think it is a predator and sting it so it can sometimes sting your corals

Ecc08

Story Time I had a great fish tank for 10 years my fish guy got my things at market instead of retail price then he sold his company and moved to HawaiI he sold his business and while I was out of town he was there for an hour when I checked my house security cameras and it normally takes them 6 hours then I woke up to a text I was sent it said call me or my house cleaner immediately so I did overnight my chiller set the tank from 72˚ to 58˚ and he lost us 20k with I am not happy about
IMG_0854.jpg
IMG_0855.JPG
IMG_0856.JPG after
sorry I didn't have time to take proffesional pictures

IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg

Kamaile

The problem with that is that anemones are quite invasive 1 is fine but since they move around the entire tank slowly they can sometimes accidentally bump a coral and then think it is a predator and sting it so it can sometimes sting your corals
Oh my! I had no idea! I guess so long as you keep a close eye on them though...?

Ecc08

Oh my! I had no idea! I guess so long as you keep a close eye on them though...?
I also don't like to have too many anemones. Once again because they move around the tank. I might just wait until it splits but it hasn't split in a year or maybe a year and a half .

Kamaile

Well I think you need to either take one of them out or put another anemone in. Though after reading all of this thread I think it would be better to take the maroon out.

And I'm sorry about your tank fiasco! That's quite some damage... :/

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
kanzekatores
  • Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views