Fish Feng Shui?

Fenrir

Reaction score
Alright, so I am about to start my first aquarium for my college dorm and need a little help. Because of regulations, I can't have a tank larger then 15 gallons. I am planning on getting a red tailed shark as my first fish, but I am kind of at a loss as to how much stuff (rocks, plants, drift wood, etc.) I should have in it. I don't want to stress the fish out by crowding the place too much, but I don't want the aquarium to be too sparse and empty.

I was wondering if anyone more experienced would give me some advice. I would love it if I could see some pictures of what other people have done with 15(ish) gallon tanks. Just to help me get an idea.

Wish me luck^_^

Buzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello to the forum Fenrir!

Actually, there is a section on fish tank pictures under the heading freshwater fish...check it out and you'll be amazed at the creativity

Hope you enjoy it here!!

Buzz

Fenrir

Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to get the tank today and go through the nitrogen cycle fishless, however long that happens to take, before getting my fish.

I have heard mixed opinions on whether a 15 gallon would be big enough...fishlore says minimum of 10 gallons

Fenrir

Reaction score
Because I absolutely love red tailed sharks and kind of have my heart set on it at this point...your right that it probably would be better to get some small fish, but right now I am being a stubborn little child^^;

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Fenrir,

I'm happy that you took the more humane way to cycle your tank.

Hope you have a wonderful RTS.. as soon as the tank cycles.

Keep us posted, if possible with pictures

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom