Fish Feet Massage?

Junne
I've never heard anything like this...... Sounds really disgusting to me, AND for the fish involved. :stinkyfeet::stinkyfeet::stinkyfeet::stinkyfeet:

Would YOU do it? Not for me, NO thanks~!

Looks like they have locations all over the US.

Mary765
Yeah I've heard of them and seen them around in the UK.

It's in my bucket list to things to do, just as an experience (I'm always seeking experiences it's just what I do), but I won't make it a regular thing

Fanatic
Yes, I would do it, but no I wouldn't.
I am not afraid to do it, but I don't want to stick my feet into a container with bacteria from who knows what and where.

I find it relaxing though.
Just because you can, don't go sticking your feet into your fish tank, that's just... no

Rtessy
I'ts technically cleansing and food for the fish, the main issue is they don't clean the bin between people, so only do it if you're okay with your feet being in foot water with bits of particles from 40 other people... ew

CanadianFishFan
I wouldnt do it because I'm scared but because I don't want to hurt them or have them get chemicals from me.... Dont they like eat your dead skin? :/ yuck

Junne
Me? I think its just another "fad" at the expense of fish................. :stinkyfeet::stinkyfeet::stinkyfeet::stinkyfeet::stinkyfeet:

Mary765
Well it's like those shrimp that clean your hands really, and those are widely accepted.

Platylover
In all truth, someday I'm really hoping to have a large ground level tank for in-ground pond for these guys. I think it'd be so nice and relaxing to just be able to go and have a fish "massage" without worrying about whose feet where in there before you lol.

CanadianFishFan
Platylover said:
In all truth, someday I'm really hoping to have a large ground level tank for in-ground pond for these guys. I think it'd be so nice and relaxing to just be able to go and have a fish "massage" without worrying about whose feet where in there before you lol.
Get me a koi pond that I can sit in and swim with the koi. or betta fish

Platylover
CanadianFishFan said:
I don’t have enough money to get you that, and if I did I think I’d get one for me first lol
I always thought a betta pond would be amazing as well, I’d likely want to get one species of wilds and let them breed. It’d be even better if I could get some of the endangered ones and hopefully help them with their numbers that way...

CanadianFishFan
Platylover said:
I don’t have enough money to get you that, and if I did I think I’d get one for me first lol
I always thought a betta pond would be amazing as well, I’d likely want to get one species of wilds and let them breed. It’d be even better if I could get some of the endangered ones and hopefully help them with their numbers that way...
dreams! A huge betta sorority but even better a male sorority with wild bettas! PURE DREAMS, but I don't have like 2.5million dollar for this idea

Mary765
CanadianFishFan said:
One of my Uncles has a huge koi/goldfish pond which is raised from the ground (with a glass panel window and lights so you can see underwater) about the length and width of a large JacuzzI but it's a few metres deep.

He built it himself and frankly I'm memorized by it

Coradee
It was very popular over here a few years back but few if any salons do it now.

Mary765
Mary765 said:
One of my Uncles has a huge koi/goldfish pond which is raised from the ground (with a glass panel window and lights so you can see underwater) about the length and width of a large JacuzzI but it's a few metres deep.

AHA!!! I knew I had a picture of it somewhere!! Here it is CanadianFishFan

Sorry for the dark , it was taken at night!

According to my auntie, he will sometimes sit on the edge with his feet in the water or even during warmer weather swim with them. They like being stroked

Harvster10
They use doctor fish

DoubleDutch
Hype.is gone nowadays.

Goldiemom
My dog loves to lick my feet and even that grosses me out! I know where his tongue has been. lol

DoubleDutch
Goldiemom said:
My dog loves to lick my feet and even that grosses me out! I know where his tongue has been. lol
Not seen that around here hahaha

CanadianFishFan
Mary765 said:

omg with a huge viewing panel! That is everything....

Mary765 said:
AHA!!! I knew I had a picture of it somewhere!! Here it is CanadianFishFan

Sorry for the dark , it was taken at night!

According to my auntie, he will sometimes sit on the edge with his feet in the water or even during warmer weather swim with them. They like being stroked
screw it selling my hot tub (if I had one) and getting this instead.

Mary765
CanadianFishFan said:
omg with a huge viewing panel! That is everything....

screw it selling my hot tub (if I had one) and getting this instead.
My uncle is so lucky but he is also really well off so he can afford these sorts of amazing projects I'm so jealous of him agh

fishbro
I would be concerned for the welfare of these fish really. When the craze reached it's peak a few years ago (in the UK at least) a lot of people pointed out the water quality issues this causes, overstocking etc. The RSPCA raised many concerns over the practise. I did also read about how lots of the fish would be "disposed" of / that the morality rate was pretty high due to the nature of it (plus the fish are usually starved and not fed to make sure they go crazy for dead skin).

CanadianFishFan
Mary765 said:
My uncle is so lucky but he is also really well off so he can afford these sorts of amazing projects I'm so jealous of him agh
ik! the panels cost so much...

Junne
fishbro said:
I would be concerned for the welfare of these fish really. When the craze reached it's peak a few years ago (in the UK at least) a lot of people pointed out the water quality issues this causes, overstocking etc. The RSPCA raised many concerns over the practise. I did also read about how lots of the fish would be "disposed" of / that the morality rate was pretty high due to the nature of it (plus the fish are usually starved and not fed to make sure they go crazy for dead skin).
I have to agree with you there - I mean, there are more ethical ways of getting a foot massage, I mean even in nail salons where regular pedicures are being done, there is that factor of diseases, infections and such but imagine introducing fish to that? No matter how they wrap it up with a pretty bow and package it, it is what it is!

fishbro
Junne said:
I have to agree with you there - I mean, there are more ethical ways of getting a foot massage, I mean even in nail salons where regular pedicures are being done, there is that factor of diseases, infections and such but imagine introducing fish to that? No matter how they wrap it up with a pretty bow and package it, it is what it is!
Indeed. I think I did read that the risk of infections etc for these are low, but obviously it is still there and it just seems yucky! Plus it does seem cruel to the fish as I doubt they are treated right. A lot of people don't realise that fish are protected by the RSPCA.

I'm thankful the craze died down just as fast as it started, used to see them in the middle of shopping centres and everything. It did make me wonder too if that craze would cause the fish to be overbred and result in genetic issues (much like dwarf gourami), because each tank seems to have a high population of fish and I doubt they would live for more than a few days given the conditions.

Thunder_o_b
Um, no.

I did try it. I was afraid at first but then I made myself to put the feet in and I mean it was 'fun'. But it did not have any visible (feelable) effect on my feet ... a regular salt feet bath would do the same. So, I'm not doing it again. Since I did not see any use in it except the experience with fish, for me it is just an experience marketing.

Latest threads

Top Bottom