Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 minutes in the morning, 3 minutes at night

• As much as it will eat

• Total voters

Greenfungaloo

Reaction score
Hi, i thoight i woild make a thread on how long to feed your fish. I know for some people they also feed by size, so i thought that it could be discussed here. Its pretty unclear on the internet the specific amount of time to feed your fish, and i was just wondering what you guys though, so i went ahead and made this thread, thinking it cpuld be a friendly place to discuss. Do you guys have personal experiences? With which fish?

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I only have experience with Bettas and I know that they can get bloated and constipated very easily. Its been said that their stomachs are the size of their eye, so its recommended to only feed them 2-3 pellets a day, either once a day or one 3x a day. Its also very important that you pre-soak any food you feed bettas because if not, they will expand in their stomachs making it harder to fully digest and causing bloating/constipation. Bettas are also carnivores and need a nice variety in their diet, not just pellets or flakes. Bettas love frozen bloodworms, daphinia, brine shrimp, etc.. but frozen and freeze dried food are for treats only , once a week, because they are very high in fat and will cause constipation very quickly

OP
Greenfungaloo

Greenfungaloo

Reaction score
I figured i should have mentioned my side of this too lol, I only have experience with my one goldfish, who is about 3.5-4 inches. I feed him goldfish granules twice a day, a minute each time. I was wondering if it would be okay to increase one of his feedings to a minute and a half, why was my original intention for creating this thread.

New Threads