Fish Eggs??

newsnailmum
I've just got home and discovered what looks like eggs on my tank... I've had some issues with the pest snails, and am not sure if this could be their eggs or from my fish.

I have neon tetras, cory catfish, and some new phantom glass catfish (and a male Betta and some mystery snails... Probs not any of them).

Whaddya reckon??

Attachments

• 20180830_101528.jpg
    20180830_101528.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 83
mattgirl
It looks like your corys have been busy

DuaneV
My Corys lay eggs ALL the time and they look just like those.

newsnailmum
Oooh how exciting! I've had them since May, and this is the first time I've seen eggs The eggs weren't there when I fed then a couple of hours ago!

I have no way to separate them, so I guess I'll hope for the best

Looking at their behaviours at the moment, I think it's Simon and Alvin who've been getting it on. Theodore is doing his usual thing, just chilling at the bottom of the tank. Might need to do some renaming .... Haha.

DuaneV
You can watch them, its pretty cool. The female actually lays eyes into her pelvic fins which she cups like hands holding water. She'll swim around until she find a good spot and smears them on the glass.

Then my Rams, Tetras and Hatchetfish mow down. lol

My big Emerald female lays like 350ish eggs every couple months. When I notice her getting plump and the others rubbing all over her, Ill do a water change with slightly colder water and it mimics spawning season and she'll start laying in a day or so. Pretty fun to watch. Maybe one day Ill save a batch and try to hatch them out.

Bettythebetta
Cory eggs! So cute!!

mattgirl
When my corys first started laying eggs I found this thread. It gave me the basics and I fine tuned it to fit my situation. I now have more corys than I really should and have given bunches away.

Fortunately all the fish in my tank enjoy snacking on the eggs including the corys that laid them so I've not gotten any more babies for a while. I do miss spying tiny cory fry hiding out waiting to get bigger before joining the group though.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ayeayeron
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies