Fish Eggs?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by jertan98, Aug 6, 2017.

1. jertan98Valued MemberMember

I have Tiger Barbs, Kuhli Loaches and Otos in my tank and I saw these eggs a few days ago.

ce347c3660b8908b062be991a8d9dd3d.jpg

And then today I realised there were way more behind the tank!

f86e1577ae49350b5d79d5fc41793abf.jpg

Could these be Tiger Barb eggs? Theyve spawned in this tank before but I only managed to rescue one little guy who later disappeared in my other tank. How can I save the eggs? Theyre really sticking to the glass and I cant remove them.

2. sfsamm

sfsammWell Known MemberMember

Do you have nerite snails? They look like nerite snail eggs and if they are next to impossible to remove then I'd say definitely nerite snails.

3. OP
    OP
    j

jertan98Valued MemberMember

Wow I do have nerite snails but dont they only reproduce in brackish water? Found more today...

4. clk89

clk89Fishlore VIPMember

The eggs won't hatch in freshwater, but nerities will still lay them in freshwater. :)

5. OP
    OP
    j

jertan98Valued MemberMember

Ohhhh I see, thanks! Will I be able to remove them to hatch in a small container if I add salt into it?

6. clk89

clk89Fishlore VIPMember

I believe it's more complex then that to hatch the eggs, and then to raise the nerites, and then acclimate them back into freshwater. You have to setup a saltwater tank for them, which you would have to research how to do. It's not the same as a freshwater, nor is it as easy as just adding salt to freshwater. If you try to scrape up the eggs you will probably damage them, what you can do put in temporary decor, driftwood or whatever then when it gets nerite eggs in it you would move the entire decor item to the salt water tank.

If you decide to breed the nerite snails I do suggest really researching it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice