Fish Eggs?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by oscarsbud, Dec 26, 2012.

1. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

I noticed the fish going kind of crazy in the front of the tank this morning and when I looked close, I saw all these little eggs. I do have snails in there but have never seen eggs before. I also have BPs, cories and neons. Everybody else is a live bearer except for the solo danio and clown pleco. I stuck a collander against the front of the tank to keep the other fish from getting to it so it is a little hard to make out the eggs, but it's the best I could do.

IMG_1117.jpg IMG_1114.jpg

2. amber0107

amber0107 Well Known Member Member

Probably Cory eggs.

3. OP
    OP
    oscarsbud

That would be awesome. They have been acting awfully "frisky" with each other lately. How long does it take them to hatch? I hope I can keep the other fish away from them.Ggonna have to set up a QT tank just in case I get lucky.

4. amber0107

My albino eggs hatch in 24 hrs while my other Cory eggs take 3-4 days. I gently roll the eggs from the glass and put them in my breeder box to keep them safe and grow them up.

5. OP
    OP
    oscarsbud

I don't have a breeder box but I do have a 5 gallon tank I can put together real quick. You can just roll them off? Do you stick them back on the glass when you put them in the other tank? This is all new to me. I am normally an "every man for himself" person because the mollies and sword are always popping out babies, but I love my cories and would really like to have some to add to my bigger tank.

6. amber0107

If they are just laid, they're very sticky and pliable so you'll have to take care not to crush them. If they laid them a while ago, they are easier to move but harder to stick back on the walls, so you can let them fall where they may. Use the parent tanks water and make sure there is a good current around them so they don't fungus as easily. I use an air stone to keep the water flowing past. If you see any that are white and not golden colored then they aren't fertile.

7. OP
    OP
    oscarsbud

Thank you for your help. I really had no idea what to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice