Fish dying one by one!!!!!!! i need help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by ralph113, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ralph113Well Known MemberMember

i have a 20 gal high, 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 10 nitrate. used to contain, 2 balloon mollies, 2 GBRs, 5 neons, and 2 baby platies, and 2 ottos, and for 4 corydordas <<theyre just temporary. I've had them for 1year and 2 months!! no deaths. and then suddenly since last week theyre dropping like flies :( the readings are the same, and the thing is they look very healthy when they died :( their colors where still bright and not pale at all. now my female GBR's dead, all neons, all platies, and one otto. idk whats happening. is it because of the corydoras moving so much????? ive had the temporary corydoras for like 3 months and this ddnt happen at all. unless it is because of the Acurel (i was like oh this will make them healthier) and Stress Zyme that i put :(?

2. ghardinValued MemberMember

It may be a parasite, do a water change and treat with parasite medication.

3. ralph113Well Known MemberMember

mmk ill try that, but shouldnt there be a sign of that on their bodies??

4. ghardinValued MemberMember

Not always, it could be internal. And if it turns out not to be a parasite, the meds won't do any bad in the tank.

5. cbowlincatfishValued MemberMember

Have you checked your PH levels, I noticed you listed all but that, when my PH was low I lost a couple of fish.

6. ralph113Well Known MemberMember

i'll check, cuz we i had soft water, and idk if we still have water softener! lkajshfakljfashkjfaf. and i ddnt lose a couple i lost 10 :( and all of them where my first fishies

7. freak78Well Known MemberMember

If it's city water maybe something changed that's out of your hands. Like they could've added something to the water at a treatment Plant or something.

8. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

wow that sounds awful. Are they showing any symptoms before they die? anything at all?

Any time there is something wrong, the first thing you should do is a huge water change. That's your first line of defense. It sounds like there is a contaminant in the water. I would do an 80-90% change.

9. ralph113Well Known MemberMember

no signs whatsoever, they died looking very healthy. and i did water change. i might do it again if another one dies

10. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

man... that is awful. Did any spray anything around the tank? Lysol etc ? I got hand sanitizer in my tank once 30 mins after using it on my hands. Long story short it killed about 15 fish before i did a water change

11. ralph113Well Known MemberMember

nothing. at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice