Fish Dying In Tank

akoll

So I just put a batch of 5 cardinal tetras in my 55 gallon. I didn't quarantine them as long as I should've because I had a white lobster in my quarantine tank and he qte a few, so I just went ahead and put the rest in my large tabk before they all got eaten. So it's been about 4 days, and one cardinal has died, as well as a rummynose tetra, and one celebes rainbow. I haven't has a single fish din in MONTHS before adding these guys, do you think they have some sort of disease? None of the fish are showing any signs of illness before dying, I just look in there in the morning or after work and they are on the bottom, gone.

adh/smile

What are your water parameters?
Do the fish show signs of sickness before they died?

Pierre O

What are your Water Parameters in QT and the 55G?

akoll

What are your Water Parameters in QT and the 55G?
They are the same in both tanks nothing unusual. I added some fish to the larger tabk about three weeks ago, they were doing fine until the cardinals were added.

Pierre O

Without seeing your water parameters it will be difficult to help. If the fish do not show any symptoms prior do dying, I doubt this is disease related to the Cardinals. If I understand you correctly there was only 2-3 days between introducing the Tetra till the other species started dying.... You sure you did not get a Ammonia/Nitrite spike?

akoll

Without seeing your water parameters it will be difficult to help. If the fish do not show any symptoms prior do dying, I doubt this is disease related to the Cardinals. If I understand you correctly there was only 2-3 days between introducing the Tetra till the other species started dying.... You sure you did not get a Ammonia/Nitrite spike?
Sorry for the delay, I just tested for nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia. All are reading 0 ppm on my kest kit.

dojafish

You should have some kind of reading of nitrates. How old is the 55g? Did you properly cycle it?

abarb

Did you shake the bottle #2 for 30 sec. and the tube for 1 minute on the nitrate test?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishnturtleguy933
Replies
Views
Al913
Replies
Views
Kysarkel000
  • Question
Replies