Fish Don't Fart

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by BuddyD, Apr 18, 2017.

1. BuddyD

BuddyDWell Known MemberMember

Fish don't fart, I know because i've watched them and have never seen tiny airbubbles coming from their hindquarters. Humans have to fart or we'd blow up.....boom!!

2. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

Do you have scientific evidence that if we don't fart we'll blow up?

3. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlackFishlore VIPMember

Check Corydoras, who breathe in through their mouths, and exhale out the other end.
    I don't think they can light them though.

Keep watching, Buddy.

4. dcutl002

dcutl002Well Known MemberMember

I--I---I just do not know how to comment on this one.

5. Bettanewb

BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

Lots of animals can not pass gas ;)

6. APierce

APierceWell Known MemberMember

How very interesting....

7. OP
    OP
    BuddyD

Don't have any of those.

No, but i'll let you experiment with it and let us know how it turns out......unless you go.....BOOM!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  8. rubyswordValued MemberMember

This is kind of gross... There are arguments for both sides. The reasons humans fart is because we can't digest cellulose(from plants) so we need bacteria to break it down for us. They produce methane, a flammable gas that farts consist of. If we didn't fart, the bacteria would die because it is toxic to them. So we would get very constipated and backed up from excess cellulose and methane. We probably wouldn't explod, though. Fish have longer appendixes and different bacteria, and so don't fart(at least not as we think of it).

9. OP
    OP
    BuddyD

Are you kidding? Joking. Don't be so serious.

10. rubyswordValued MemberMember

Hey, it's fishlore's fault I became such a science nerd and now want to be an ichthyologist(freshwater marine biologist).

11. RabbitSnail895

RabbitSnail895New MemberMember

Herrings somewhat do, they communicate through expelling air with from their air bladder through and opening (well you know where). These are called Fast Repetitive Ticks, or FRT.  

12. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlfWell Known MemberMember

There are a lot of humans that do the same thing. They're called politicians.

13. APierce

APierceWell Known MemberMember

I just spit my drink at the computer from laughing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice