fish disease (could it be TB?)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by brom94, Jul 25, 2015.

1. b

brom94 New Member Member

need help :(( is my flowerhorn infected with fish TB? o_O

2. OP
    OP
    b

brom94 New Member Member

my flowerhorn has been solitary in his concrete pond for more than a year which is situated on the 2nd-storey of my house and hasn't been introduced to any type of fish

3. pritam

pritam Valued Member Member

no.its not TB. in TB,fish get super skinny and at last died
    its looks like bloat. boiled green peas are helpful in that case.
    wht is your pond dimension(radius). is it a round figure flower horn?

4. OP
    OP
    b

brom94 New Member Member

it lives in a 600g rectangular concrete pond. I just transferred it in a plastic container to diagnose it much better --,) it's still very aggressive when I'm siphoning and still a very voracious eater xD I'm worried because the other side of its body is starting to swell as well... :((((( HELPPPPP!

5. thinkpink94

thinkpink94 Valued Member Member

Did you try feeding him the pea?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. OP
    OP
    b

brom94 New Member Member

Nope. I haven't tried feeding him peas yet. Still new to the hobby and I haven't encountered any fish diseases yet (o_O)

7. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

It's been in a 600 gallon pond and it's that size? Is it a short body?

8. thinkpink94

thinkpink94 Valued Member Member

try feeding him a pea and see what happens. He definitely looks bloated and peas act as fish laxatives (if that happens to be his issue).

I haven't encountered any diseases yet either, but a lot of people seem to have success with peas when it comes to bloating!

9. OP
    OP
    b

brom94 New Member Member

ops! sorry 'bout that I meant 300g pond and it has been with me for over a year already and its wok is very little (o_O) I think it's a DUD! but nonetheless I hope he'll be fine after I feed him some green peas

10. pritam

pritam Valued Member Member

you should boiled the peas and take out the thin shell and then you can feed it to your fish.

11. Sarcasm Included

Sarcasm Included Well Known Member Member

If the peas don't help, you should treat for an internal bacterial infection.

12. OP
    OP
    b

brom94 New Member Member

how long does it take for me to see results from feeding the green peas? and if results doesn't come out should I proceed to treating internal infection? will Melafix suffice?

13. Sarcasm Included

Sarcasm Included Well Known Member Member

A couple days and melafix is essentially an antiseptic at best, it is useless against an internal infection.
    You need to use kanamycin for high ph or minocycline(maracyn3) for low ph.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice