Fish Died Stuck On Filter

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Like stuck to the intake grid?
Maybe it died and the intake current sucked it up. It is a common occurrence to dead fish I believe. I see it in pet stores a few times.

beau

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
This is very common. Depending on the case the body may have been swept up by the flow and then pulled against the filter intake, or the fish could have been weakened and unable to swim away, and then passed away.

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Dead fish frequently get sucked up to the filter. I relatively doubt that the fish died from being stuck to the filter.

Mike Brown

Valued Member
Reaction score
It was stuck on the back side between the filter grate and the back of the aquarium

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sometimes fish get stuck in/between stuff and are unable to get out by themselves.
Was it acting different before? Did you notice anything off about that fish? Were there any marks or body parts missing?

King o´ Angelfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A couple of things could have happened.
It could have died, and then gotten picked up by the current and ultimately ended up on the intake.

It could have gotten sick and weak and was sucked into the intake, where it died.

Most likely the fish was already sick, it died and then got picked up by the flow, since it is a small (light) fish it wasnt hard for the filter to pick it up.

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cory at Aquarium CoOp in WA sells custom made filter intake sponge prefilters. (Not an ad). They work well, provide a bit more filtration, and keep the fish out.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom