Fish Death...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Dom90, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

So I came home to a smell of dead fish and so I checked the tank nearest to the entrance of my house, the 75g. I did a body count and noticed all my fish were present, except 1 SAE. We must've looked at least ten minutes, then we finally noticed a dead body lying behind a bunch of plants... The body didnt look mangled or anything so I dont think it was another fish but then again I'm not sure. Could it have been the dwarf gourami? I got him yesterday and a fish dead today..

2. el337

el337Fishlore LegendMember

Oh no! Sorry for your loss. I lost a fish today also - the neon tetra with the damaged fins.

3. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

:( Sorry to hear about your loss as well.

4. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

What makes you think it was another fish that killed it?

5. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Well, everything's been going real well since I got the tank and these stock. Even the semi-aggressive paradise fish I had left the fish alone. I traded that one in for a dwarf gourami just yesterday. There was no other deaths in that tank till now.

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

It may not be the DG's fault. Wonder if he got spooked and jumped?

7. FufuValued MemberMember

Sorry for your loss guys

Fufu

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I dont think he jumped, because I found the dead fish on the bottom of the tank floor.

9. LeoDiaz

LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Sorry for your loss, could it have been your hybrid hap showing his sp44 side?

10. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Ah, sorry. For some reason I was thinking dead on the floor by a potted plant. Don't know why I thought that!

11. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Yea thats definitely a possibility... thinking if I should put him in with the wild-caught ones, man are they territorial lol...

12. LeoDiaz

Lol it would be the fight of the year hybrid vs wild lol.

13. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Haha, I just tried catching him and couldnt. Need to get another net tomorrow and corner him lol.

14. LeoDiaz

Bare hand catch him lol, but why do you want to catch him for?

15. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

If he gets too aggressive, might have to put him in timeout, breeder box or something lol. Or with the wild caught ones, I seen how territorial and aggressive they can get.

16. LeoDiaz

I would not advice to put him with the wilds he migh get in there and get down to "business" now you have hybrids eggs. Or just make all break loose.

17. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Yea you made my mind wander when you mentioned the hybrid. I don't think it was him. The dead fish had no bite marks or blood. Maybe he got caught on something and he just sank to the floor and died.

18. LeoDiaz

Bullied and stress to death? my mbunas can bully each other till one hides in the corner.

19. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Yea maybe but the hap really didn't chase the SAEs before. It usually goes on between him and the paradise fish.

20. LeoDiaz

Well, let's just leave it as a unsolve mystery? Trying to be a detective is hard

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice