Fish compatibility

1. benharmer87 Member Member

So I have a 55g tank. It has a bunch of plants, rocks and caves. I'm wondering if my tank will be ok with 6 long finned blackskirt tetras- 2", 4 corys- 1-2", 2 angel fish-1", 1 rainbow shark-2.5", 2 blue gourami. Male 2"-female 2.5", 1 pleco, 2 african dwarf frongs ans 1 little zebra snail

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. ppate1977 Well Known Member Member

My buddies rainbow shark was a terror. Other than that everything looks fine to me (I wouldn't personally put dwarf frogs in a 55 gal, but I'm sure it can be done).

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I'd leave out the frogs as the corys could out compete them for food & imo frogs are better in their own tank, I'd also leave out the rainbow shark as they can be aggressive & up the number of corys to at least 6 of the same kind

4. Mich Dazo Initiate Member

if you are going to have corys you need 4-5 or more since they need company

5. benharmer87 Member Member

I have 3 peppered. Still real little and another cory I got with the tank. He is full grown I think. What should I do with him then. He just stays in his cave all day and only comes out to eat

6. Mich Dazo Initiate Member

Thats because he is lonely he needs friends! I have 5 corys and they swim all over the tank

7. benharmer87 Member Member

I removed his cave for cleaning so now he is out and about with the others but he still chills exactly where his cave was. He still hides but he is more active. Maybe I should put his cave back since its been his home for a long time but I like how I actually see him now. Its funny. He reminds of oscar the grouch. By the way that's his name. The little corys will go and all lay on him and he chases them off. They do it from time to time just teasing him. He be shaking them away then chase them off then right back to his chill spot. He looks like a grump. Lol