Reaction score
Experience
Just started

redlessi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have 2 bolivian rams in my community tank and they are fine. From what I know the blue ones are a little more sensitive about water conditions but they should be fine, just take you time acclimating them.

Just make sure your tank is big enough to accommodate the amount of fish you intend to have.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fish Lore!

Yes, rams are good for community tanks. A single, or a M/F pair will do well with the fish you listed--in a larger tank. I don't think I'd add anything else to the tank except a few more corys. Edited: after looking at your profile again, I think you're very overstocked as it is now. Your swordtails will get up to 3-4" each and your golden algae eater may turn out to be a large and/or aggressive fish depending on what it really is. Are you able to rehome some of the fish or get a bigger tank?

Are you really keeping all those goldfish in a 30L tank? Do you have plans to upgrade to a bigger tank? The general recommendation around here is 20 gallon (80L, I think) for the first fancy and 10 gallon (40L) for each additional fancy; comets need even more space. I know you didn't ask about them, but I saw it in your profile and am concerned.

-Lisa

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to FL!

I agree with the above posts, also you might have aggression issues because of tank size and amount of fish, if you did decide to add them anyway. You are pretty close if not already at full capacity already.

jono-187

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
heelo I have to update my profile but scince filling out the form I have had a female swordtail die and my cae jumped out of tank and was dead on floor

jono-187

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
and yes I am planning to upgrade tank it is just a teporary home thanks

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wow, jumped out of the tank! I hope I never find a fish that's done that. Had a few shrimp do it, though. And I'm sorry about the swordtail.

I know you're overstocked as it is, but that Cory really needs a couple of buddies. Or can you rehome him? I think you could get away with adding a couple more for the fish's well-being and you've got a bit of leeway because they stay on the bottom.

-Lisa

Amano

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
As the others have said the tank is over stocked. So adding more fish just makes the tank's bacteria work harder because of the over production of waste. Not to mention the amount of fish in the space.

If you add GBR [another name for the blue rams!] IMO the chances of them making it would be very low. Due to the fact that they love to have very good water quality, and are very very touchy to changes.

Since the cory school is so low I would look at getting a few more or the best plan would be to re-home them.

Sorry to here about the CAE jumping. Dose the tank have a cover, lid? These fish are great at leaping at times.

mac

corycat32

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They are almost always peaceful.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads