Fish Compatability

PlantedTankFun
Hello everyone!
So I have had these Bleeding Heart Tetras in a 20 gallon in my room for awhile, and I originally took them out of my 45 in the basement because they were bullying everyone. It has been a long time and there are totally new fish in there. I want to move them back to the 45 because I feel bad keeping them in the 20 gallon that I do not put too much focus on, and want to give them a better home. My only worry is that they would go right back to being aggressive. In the 45 tank, I have a school of six white cloud mountain minnows, one hatchet (don't worry I am getting him more friends soon) and a female betta. They all keep to themselves and are very peaceful, and I don't want to ruin that. These bleeding heart tetras are actually my longest lasting fish and I want to give them their best life/chance of survival... thoughts?

GlennO
It can’t hurt to try while monitoring them. In particular watch that they don’t fin nip the betta. How many tetras are there?

PlantedTankFun
GlennO said:
It can’t hurt to try while monitoring them. In particular watch that they don’t fin nip the betta. How many tetras are there?
There are 3 bleeding hearts!

GlennO
You should probably add a few more.

PlantedTankFun
GlennO said:
You should probably add a few more.
Really? These three have been together for at least 3 years and have gotten very large.

Betta'sAnonymous
A lot of those tetras tend to be less aggressive towards other fish when in bigger numbers. Serpaes i have found that if i keep 12-15 of them, they just pick on each other.

JettsPapa
PlantedTankFun said:
Really? These three have been together for at least 3 years and have gotten very large.
Yes, really. I'd add at least 5 more, space permitting.

Top Bottom