Fish Combinations

Clicker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Below is a list of fish I want to gradually buy, you tell me how you'd combine them in what size tanks. This is a start from scratch scenario (none will be added to my existing tanks.)

Green / Bronze Corydoras - 8
Peppered Corydoras - 8
Silvertip Tetra - 20
Green Neon Tetra - 20
Rummynose Tetra - 20
Lambchop Rasbora - 20
Celestial Pearl Danio - 20
Goldfish - 2
White Cloud Mountain Minnows - 15
Endlers - 6
Guppies - 6
Zebra Danios - 8

Trying to plan ahead so I can buy the right size tanks. Feel free to add a species if you feel it will complete a tank better, or leave a species out for any reason you want. Numbers listed are just a ballpark figure, I am somewhat flexible. Thank you so much!

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Goldfish ,white clouds and both danio species will prefer cooler water compared to the rest of the fish, so I'd suggest not pairing them with the other fish and giving them their own tanks.

Maybe 2 fancy goldfish in a 40 breeder and the others in their own tank?

Clicker

Valued Member
Reaction score
I might do a big stock tank for the goldfish. Like one of those 100+ gallon ones they sell at places like Tractor Supply. I definitely also want to do a cooler water tank for the white clouds, but didn't know what else from my list I should put with them.

Nataku

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
White clouds and zebra danios could go together in a cool water tank. Peppered corydoras could go with them. A 30 gallon (long preferred) would work nicely for this.

CPDs are pretty skittish (and tiny!) and would likely do best in a species only nano themed tank. Maybe if it was heavily planted and big enough you could also put the endlers with them, but not the guppies. You wouldn't want guppies and endlers together anyhow or you will get hybrids.

You have a lot of mid range schooling fish. Many of them are good community options, but unless you have a particularly large tank I wouldn't do more than two, maybe three, mid tank schoolers to a tank.

Clicker

Valued Member
Reaction score
OK I like the idea of white clouds with zebra danios. And I read that Panda Cories supposedly like cooler water so maybe that would be the best cory type for that tank? Maybe a 33 long would be a nice size for this group. Also thinking of 33 long tanks to combine schools of cories with schools of tetras / rasboras.

The CPDs I think I might try in a 10 gal with lots of plants and pieces of manzanita. I may have to choose between guppies and endlers, and then just let them breed away in a larger tank like a 40 breeder. Then if I did a goldfish stock-tank that would cover everything on my list.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom