Fish...clock?

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The betta makes it seem huge... any idea how much water it holds?

Nvm clicked'on a clock... they hold 1.2 gallons

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Pretty cool idea!

Kudos to them for at least stating under the care section of the details "Partial water change is recommended weekly."

Though, I would prefer to see it 5 times bigger (5G) with a heater and filter, the concept is cool.

What's that old saying.......... "what'll they think of next"

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Pretty cool idea!

Kudos to them for at least stating under the care section of the details "Partial water change is recommended weekly."

Though, I would prefer to see it 5 times bigger (5G) with a heater and filter, the concept is cool.

What's that old saying.......... "what'll they think of next"
Yeah but partials will only prolong the fishes suffering. Its not cycled so it will still build ammonia.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree SK
hence my comment
Purely the concept I liked (not the dimensions/functions) - and acknowledging they had some 'humanity' in recommending PWC's

If this were an "in-your-face" 5G clock, with filter, heater etc, you can't deny you wouldn't be somewhat interested. huh, huh okey:

EDIT: Or did I just completely miss the boat?

Tonia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LOL Ryan

It is very cool looking.. maybe take a 5g tank with amenities and find a larger clock to set behind it

*starts imagining all the clocks in the house integrated into fish tanks* I'm sure my fish would like to be able to tap the clock to convince me that it should be feeding time

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I agree SK
hence my comment

Purely the concept I liked (not the dimensions/functions) - and acknowledging they had some 'humanity' in recommending PWC's

If this were an "in-your-face" 5G clock, with filter, heater etc, you can't deny you wouldn't be somewhat interested. huh, huh okey:

EDIT: Or did I just completely miss the boat?
couldnt see it working out since betta like a lot of cover. Can't really dec the clock without ruining the function

Shine

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm still just amazed that they mention PWCs at all. I don't think I have ever seen that mentioned on any of the other gimmicky betta decor items Also trying to imagine how attractive that clock would be to look at with algae, uneaten food, and debris floating around due to 'uneven' care. The image gets worse by the moment

Actually given the *ahem* 'size' of most of these type of items, 1.2 gallons is huge compared to the norm. Key-chain ornaments anyone?

Tigress Hill

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would definitely purchase one if they were 4+ gallons. Then I just might have space to make it betta friendly

pirahnah3

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think its a cool idea that has gone a little awry. I do like the fact that they mentioned doing PWC's, that isnt something I would have expected to find in the literature.

Mrs.Price

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
10g long rectangular shelf clock, that way you could put some plant life on either end of the clock and the betta could still hide... idk, it could work. :3 *runs to get a patent* lol

kb9plc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

*sarcasm alert*
Or a square wall clock. A really big one. You know.... the kinda clock you hang in a big vaulted-ceiling loft. Have the numbers and arms on the front wall of the clock with another clear wall behind them to keep the betta from hurting itself on moving clock arms. Then you'd have to have clear heaters and filters. Or hide them somehow. Hmmmmm..... external heating and filtration? Of course, a clock that big is going to be hung high up and you'd need a feeding system. And a ladder to go visit the fishy every now and then so it doesn't pass of bordum. Ya. This is sounding expensive. It'd never fly.......ehrm....... swim?

ZeeZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can create a desk clock tank. As I showed with my Beverage Dispenser Tank, if you have an idea, the will to do it, and accept your mistakes, you can make it work.

There's absolutely nothing that says a clock cannot be integrated into a tank or a tank made to fit to a clock, provided it's done safely both for you and the fish/shrimp/etc. That said, I think this clock would make a nice dirty el natural tank with shrimp in it. The only issue with that is lighting.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think the moral is that this tank is a complete gimmick without any care for the fish considered whatsoever. I think most people who end up getting one would end up taking it down and tossing it in a month when their fish dies or the tank looks filthy.

ZeeZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And that's what it is.

However, if it's too small for a fish, then shrimp or snails or just a plant-only tank can be the answer. Even if the plants block out the numbers, we all already know where the numbers are positioned. There are wristwatches without numbers. Same idea.

Perhaps I should just buy one and show how it can be done the right way.

These types of gimmicky tanks don't tend to last long on the market because of the reasons you stated.

kb9plc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hehehehe I like this idea.
Oddball tanks can work 101, by Zeez.

Actually, ya... I agree now that u bring it up: I think I'd put anacharis and MTS in that clock. Lol

ZeeZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, but the more I look at it, the more I'm not sure a light can even be mounted to it without cutting into the hole to enlarge it or making some kind of mounting bracket for the light...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom