Fish Buybacks

hollynp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm so jealous right now of anyone that has LFS that will buyback or trade in fish! As has been stated here before I have an issue due to the petsmart lady selling me two powder blue gouramis. I didn't know this was an issue till I found y'all which by then was past their 2 week return period. I can't get rid of these guys! They are pretty but ****. The closest fish store I've found that might take them is over 2 hours away. I don't want to just euthanize them but I don't want them any more since they are harassing my betta. Anyone want them?? Lol!

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is Houston the 2 hour drive for you? Because I'm in a similar situation, 2 hours from my nearest LFS in Houston, and there are stores there that are definitely worth the drive

hollynp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TexasDomer said:
Is Houston the 2 hour drive for you? Because I'm in a similar situation, 2 hours from my nearest LFS in Houston, and there are stores there that are definitely worth the drive
Nope I'm about 4 hours from Houston lol, 2 hours puts me in Dallas! I'm in mt pleasant.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Darn! Dallas may have some good LFS too. I haven't checked myself though (4 hour drive for me!)

oldsalt777

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hollynp said:
I'm so jealous right now of anyone that has LFS that will buyback or trade in fish! As has been stated here before I have an issue due to the petsmart lady selling me two powder blue gouramis. I didn't know this was an issue till I found y'all which by then was past their 2 week return period. I can't get rid of these guys! They are pretty but ****. The closest fish store I've found that might take them is over 2 hours away. I don't want to just euthanize them but I don't want them any more since they are harassing my betta. Anyone want them?? Lol!
Hello holly...

You could do a couple of things, depending on the size of the tank. You could heavily plant it with Anacharis (Elodea), Water sprite or Hornwort. Just drop individual stems into the water. They'll grow quickly floating close to the light and provide hiding places for bullied fish. I've used a plastic divider before when I was breeding some Guppies several years ago. The divider is available at most fish stores or online. I've divided a tank as small as a 20 G to separate the females from the fry and it worked fine.

Just an idea.

Old

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom