Fish behavior

Danyboi18

So I put my betta in a tank with a couple Molly's and a plecostomus. It has been almost a week and he just hides is a log and doesn't come out is he like stressed or something??

jileha

You're betta might feel intimidated or irritated by the mollies and is most likely stressed out. I would put the betta in his own tank asap. His stress could turn into aggression and he might attack the mollies, and/or it might make him sick. His hiding definitely shows that he isn't happy with the current state of affairs.

How big is the tank?

Danyboi18

It's 10gallons I had him I'm a 3 before that

Danyboi18

I'll take him out as soon as I get home . Thank you a lot .

jileha

Great! A 3 gallon for himself is much better than a 10 gallon with incompatible fish.

I'm afraid you'll have to look for another tank for your pleco as well. Plecos require much larger tanks than a 10 gallon as they grow rather big. The mollies would also prefer a larger tank, usually a 20 gallon is considered the minimum.

A 10 gallon is considered a rather small tank, which restricts you in the number and species of fish you can keep. Fish will grow too big for it, have a too high bioload for it and/or require more swimming space. Please read up on your fish's recommended environment.

Danyboi18

Ok yea I've only ever had bettas. The person at the store told me it was ok and the placo only grew 4 inches and that 10 gallons was enough. But thank you I'll be sure to make the changes

jileha

I'm sure your fish will appreciate it!!

Sadly enough, you cannot trust anything pet store or LFS employees tell you. Most of them are only interested in making a sale.

Danyboi18

So I got my betta back in his tank

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom