Fish beginner

LilFish96

Hello, I'm excited to join FishLore to learn more about maintaining my tank. I am new to the hobby. I currently have a 10 gallon tank with 2 guppies, 2 mollies and 1 barb. I did have 2 other barbs that unfortunately passed due to unknown reasons which is why I decided to join this forum to avoid more deaths. My tank has been up and running for about a month and a half. My fish seem to be healthy but I noticed that my tank water is murky/cloudy. I recently did a 15% water change 2 days ago and water parameters were good. Any advice on how to get the water clear? Also, I recently noticed that my mollies have been wall surfing more than usual, not sure if should be worried or not.
Thanks any advice or tips are appreciated :)

Ouse

Welcome. :)
My fish seem to be healthy but I noticed that my tank water is murky/cloudy. I recently did a 15% water change 2 days ago and water parameters were good. Any advice on how to get the water clear?
Do you change 15% of the water weekly? If you do 15% weekly you remove 15% of the nitrate and DOC’s that have built up over the week. However if you do 50% weekly you remove 50%. Aim for 50% weekly water changes is what I’m saying. 15% is pretty useless.
Also, I recently noticed that my mollies have been wall surfing more than usual, not sure if should be worried or not.
The wall surfing could suggest they’re stressed and/or would prefer to be in a larger environment. I wouldn’t advise keeping mollies in a 10 gallon.

Motherlovebetta

Welcome to fishlore! I’m fairly new to the hobby also so I don’t feel comfortable giving any advice, but I’m sure the nice people on here can help you.

HupGuppHup

The water will probably clear on its own - there's probably a bit of a bacteria imbalance but they usually correct themselves. Don't be afraid to be a bit more aggressive on the water changes - I usually do about 1/3 per week on my 10 Gallon. Welcome!

MyFishAddiction

Welcome!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ktbrantmyer
Replies
Views
JessicaBird
Replies
Views
mimo91088