Fish And Tank Suggestions

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Kittencyde, May 27, 2018.

1. Kittencyde

KittencydeNew MemberMember

Um, hi! I've never kept more than a poor betta or two before, but as I learn more about aquariums my interest has been piqued more and more. So, I could certainly use your experience and advice.

I'm planning on a planted tank, with aquarium safe dirt and a nice smooth gravel cap, but I don't know what size.

The fish I'm currently looking at getting are a pair of angelfish, 3-4 corys, and schooling fish yet to be determined.

Could you fine fishkeepers give me a few recommendations? I know that the plants, corys and agels alone probably bring it up to at least a tall 25G.

2. Seasoldier

SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

Hi, and welcome to Fishlore, personally I'd go for the biggest tank you can afford / fit in to your home, it will give you much more flexibility to do things in the future & my philosophy has always been 'the bigger, the better'. The angels will need a taller tank with good depth & if you do go for corys as you've already said make sure the gravel is really rounded & smooth. With planning to have angels, corys & a school of other fish just do your research & make sure the ones you go for are temperature & water parameter compatible & with the schooling fish just be careful not to get 'fin nippers' as they'll go for your angels. With the plants, if you're going for a deeper tank for the angels you'll need a good lighting system for them to flourish. Hope this helps, all the best & let us know how it's going.

3. OP
    OP
    Kittencyde

KittencydeNew MemberMember

Thank you for the warm welcome. Sadly, it'll be a while until I can safely get things set up. Anticipating a move within the next 12 months, so it's the wrong time.

However, with a bit more research about water compatibility, I think I might go with mollies or swordtails. The lyretail varieties are gorgeous.

4. Rainy day

Rainy dayWell Known MemberMember

Either a 55 or 75 will be okay for what you want to stock, just be warned that angels can be vicious as a pair and may kill some of the other inhabitants during breeding , should they get too close.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice