Fish And Tank Suggestions

1. Kittencyde

Kittencyde New Member Member

Um, hi! I've never kept more than a poor betta or two before, but as I learn more about aquariums my interest has been piqued more and more. So, I could certainly use your experience and advice.

I'm planning on a planted tank, with aquarium safe dirt and a nice smooth gravel cap, but I don't know what size.

The fish I'm currently looking at getting are a pair of angelfish, 3-4 corys, and schooling fish yet to be determined.

Could you fine fishkeepers give me a few recommendations? I know that the plants, corys and agels alone probably bring it up to at least a tall 25G.

2. Seasoldier

Seasoldier Well Known Member Member

Hi, and welcome to Fishlore, personally I'd go for the biggest tank you can afford / fit in to your home, it will give you much more flexibility to do things in the future & my philosophy has always been 'the bigger, the better'. The angels will need a taller tank with good depth & if you do go for corys as you've already said make sure the gravel is really rounded & smooth. With planning to have angels, corys & a school of other fish just do your research & make sure the ones you go for are temperature & water parameter compatible & with the schooling fish just be careful not to get 'fin nippers' as they'll go for your angels. With the plants, if you're going for a deeper tank for the angels you'll need a good lighting system for them to flourish. Hope this helps, all the best & let us know how it's going.

3. OP
    OP
    Kittencyde

Kittencyde New Member Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. Sadly, it'll be a while until I can safely get things set up. Anticipating a move within the next 12 months, so it's the wrong time.

However, with a bit more research about water compatibility, I think I might go with mollies or swordtails. The lyretail varieties are gorgeous.

4. Rainy day

Rainy day Well Known Member Member

Either a 55 or 75 will be okay for what you want to stock, just be warned that angels can be vicious as a pair and may kill some of the other inhabitants during breeding , should they get too close.