Fish and Plant Recomadtions

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi I just signed up for here. I'm 11 years old . Do you have any suggestions for fish and aquatic plants?

I have a 10 gallon tank, 6 fantail goldfish (No, my fish tank isn't cramped) , no live plants, normally 75 degrees Fahrenheit. My tank has been around for 4 or 5 months.

Any Ideas? ???

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most Goldfish will eat plants but the ones I have found they don't damage too much is Java Fern, Java Moss(although they will scatter this) and bolbitis.
Carol

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks I wonder why you're the only one who answered. Also Butterfly I seen you have a lot of fish, and how many fish tanks do you have?

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
Any Else Out There?!

Any other recommendations?

???

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry! I don't check the Goldfish section that often. Your fishes might be happier in a bigger tank(like a 20 gallon). It might seem that itisn't overcrowded but you'll be surprised. They are big waste producers. Goldfish need more space than tropical fish. By the way, I'm 11 too! I thought I was the youngest member....

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Actually I'm 12 now. Birthday on the ninth of October.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well Stradius011 it seems we share a birthdate
Peter Stradius011 is correct is saying you Goldfish need more room. their actions will be more natural and their growth patterns will be more normal. The growth of Goldfish kept in small tanks tend to be stunted.
Now to answer your question- I really need to update my profile but the signature space in profile won't hold all the tanks
Right now I have set up and running 17 tanks, a 30 gallon grow out tub and a 25 gallon with fish from outside that come inside in the winter.
Carol

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
That, is a lot of tanks! 

And I'll get a bigger tank when I get the chance.

Sadly the nearest fish store with fish has 2 toll gates and over an hour drive.  :-\

But there is the BX ( I live on McGuire AFB and BX=supermarket not including food except pet food)
with some tanks.

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
And don't worry about fish waste, it floats for an hour (sorry if that discusses you) and my Mom takes it out when she sees it (using a fish net, we don't use it for much else.)

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I understand sometimes it's hard to get extra/larger tanks and since you already have the fish you will need to do at least two 50% water changes each week. Goldfish are big waste producers and Ammonia and Nitrites will build up fast. fish also pass urine. so to keep your fish happy and healthy they need the water changes. Hope that helps.
Carol

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
Fish pass urine!? I'll never understand why evolution did that. I mean polluting your on water, sick.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom