fish acting strangely!?

Craig

Well Known
Reaction score
all ny fish were in a big huddle in 1 corner as a big group when I came in 2 feed them then I put food in and they went hyper it liked sumthin had really scared them it took them a while 2 get the confidence 2 come up 4 food but they eat it all they r goin really hyper at the minute makin sum sudden movements etc WHATS GOIN ON ???????????????????????? lol

thanks

C W

Boxermom

Reaction score
Well a little more detail is needed before we can try to make a guess. What are your water parameters, specifically ammonia, nitrates and nitrites? How often do you do water changes. Was anything done to the tank recently, or anything added to it? We need to know the conditions in and around the tank.

OP
C

Craig

Well Known
Reaction score
all parameters readin normally they were moved two weeks ago 2 a new tank but everythin was swapped over includin filter and everythin they seem 2 b actin normally now they are swimmin away I don't no what happened them it was very strange they were all hidin in 1 corner in a huddle iv never seen anythin like it

C W

OP
C

Craig

Well Known
Reaction score
1 minute there swimmin about normally the next there all bak in2 their huddle again hidin at the bak of the tank just hovering not moving at all ?? I'm very confused I don't no what's wrong

C W

Gwenz

Well Known
Reaction score
Craig I know you live in UK, and I too. The weather has been very hot. My fish are not swmming as much as usual ither they just seem to be hovering and not moving like yours. The Danios in my tank are all huddled together but the neons are resting at the bottom. What is the temperature of your tank? If it's too hot try floating some ice in a zip tight / food bag on the surface of the water. It's working for me.

Gwenz

OP
C

Craig

Well Known
Reaction score
yeah I thought it was the weather its readin about 28, 29 degrees but its much hotter I'm guessin they just seem very active in the mornin time and rest up in the afternoon when the weather is hotter thanks 4 the advice a small water change helped me as well though Gwenz

cheers

C W

Jason

Well Known
Reaction score
I wish I was havin 29 deg. its cold here around 10-15deg everyday. Probably not bad for you guys but its freezing for us and 29deg is like a warm day over here. 45deg is a hot day.

New Threads