First Tropical Tank

WartburgHDRider

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello everyone! I'm used to slightly larger Oscar and Pacu tanks. This is my first tropical tank. My children want a bunch of fish, not just a few like I was limited to with Oscars. So here it is, let me know what you think. 60 gallon (48 × 12 x 4), 2 Aquaclear 70's, Fluval 300 watt heater and a bunch of decorations. I'm 23 days into my fishless cycle using the instructions found on this wonderful forum. Looks like I'm just about there.

Attachments

danhutchins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
WartburgHDRider said:
Hello everyone! I'm used to slightly larger Oscar and Pacu tanks. This is my first tropical tank. My children want a bunch of fish, not just a few like I was limited to with Oscars. So here it is, let me know what you think. 60 gallon (48 × 12 x 4), 2 Aquaclear 70's, Fluval 300 watt heater and a bunch of decorations. I'm 23 days into my fishless cycle using the instructions found on this wonderful forum. Looks like I'm just about there.
Looks good. You could stick with small fish like tetra and others like that. You would be able to put a bunch in there. They are a schooling fish and it really looks very nice with a bunch of the together.

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If you want, you could do a huge nano tank. I don't know about temps, but you could do:
20 chili rasboras
20 CPDs
15 pygmy cories
You could do more, I don't know what.

Great looking tank, btw!

WartburgHDRider

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks everyone. My boys are infatuated with those Glofish. I think we are going to get 10-15 Neon Tetras, 6 Cory Cats(Panda), a few male Dwarf Gourami, small pleco(bristlenose maybe)and the undecided Glofish. Like I said, new to the tropical world and love all the suggestions. Going this week to get fish. Tank will process 3 ppm ammonia in 24 hours with no Nitrites and very low Nitrates so I believe I can stock a larger number to start, correct? Again thanks for the compliments and keep the suggestions coming. I'll post pics when I get the fish!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom