First time posting pics-NERVOUS! My 7.5 gallon cube

yallyall1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
guys!

This is my first time posting pics of my tank, and I'm nervous...

Its probably because I'm a fail scaper... anyway this is my bung together java fern tank with some temporary fontinalis moss and lava rock. I have just put in the air curtain at the back too.

It is home to a CT betta Foo and 6 endlers (yes, endlers!)

Any suggestion on an improvement? I'm a little lost

Attachments

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Why are you nervous? You're tank is gorgeous! It looks like a wonderful place for your betta and endlers.

Btw-I'm intrigued by your choice of tankmates for your betta. Could you keep us posted on how this works out? I bet you don't have to worry about fry overtaking your tank

yallyall1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for the kind words about my tank... I'm nervous because I've seen so many beautiful aquascapes on here like Leas...

Over here, they only sell male endlers, probably because of the colours of the females.

How its working out... Great so far. The tank has been up for about 9 months now and not one chase, Ever! The only regret I have is the flow I have. Endlers like lots, while Foo dosen't, So I bought him a lava rock to escape from it and he sleeps there, but dosen't 'live' there. I still have to turn both filters off for feeding time tho. Because of this, I'm going to get a larger tank for the endlers and the cories in my 10 gallon to go in, along with other nano species like von rios and sparkling gouramis.

My choice... I am to blame for this poor choice. I researched all I could, and still gave into temptation. I knew he was a community betta, so I gave it a go knowing that my LFS has a replacement policy if you are decide its not for you. I had a 2.5 gallon ready to go as well for Foo, just incase too.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Please don't take my questions about your stocking to be criticizing. That was not my intention at all.

I've heard of smaller tetras, snails, and corys being put with bettas, but never endlers. It was a new stocking to me and I'm glad you've had no issues. Due to endlers being so small, I was amazed. And you had a backup plan. You were definitely ready for any possible issues, so no criticism here

You're totally on target. My endlers love high water flow. I bet your betta will be so happy to have that tank to himself with slow moving water once you get the endlers and cory in another tank.

You truly have done an excellent job with your aquascaping.

macifire

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You don't seem lost to me, nice tank!

Borisbbadd

Very nice tank !

I think your plants look really good.....not sure if thats what you mean by fail scaper.

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's so small and cute. I think it's the perfect little tank.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You've done a good job & should be proud of this tank, not scared of how it compares to others.

I would perhaps add a tallish Anubius variety towards the back of the tank to offer some depth & somewhere for the Betta to rest if it wants.

buzz4520

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tank looks really nice !

Keithrils

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If I were a Betta I would like to live there. No need to be nervous posting pics!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello yallyall,

Beautiful tank!
I'm glad you shared with us!

Ken

yallyall1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you guys!

Believe it or not, all those java fern were from 2 original ones Since then, I just literally bunged them in there... that's why I'm a fail scaper LOL

Yes, I've had anubias on my list for a while... but its just so darn expensive!

Oh, and BB, I wasn't being defensive... I honestly thought about re-homing them because of guilt.

vanhell

Reaction score
set up is very nice..mate..i like the idea..

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Great job!!!!!!

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nice tank, looks great. I also have a Betta living with Endlers and I never had any issues either, I think the Endlers would be far to quick for the Betta if there was ever an issue.

Well done on a fantastic tank! Looks very very similar style tank to one we manage to smash recently and it got replacd with a double sized tank, hmmmmm how did that happen lol

DC3741

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Pretty awesome in my book!

jamFmo

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
nice tank and pics!

yallyall1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

pics of my 10 gallon coming soon, I just need my driftwood to soak first!

Thank you guys...

LostinWorship

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Awesome nano. The scaping looks great.

konstargirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's great!!! Great plan for your betta. I have 2 small tanks myself but they aren't nothing like yours. ^^

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom