First tank inhabitant

bigt0006

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Turned off the lights for the night look in the tank and i see this little snail.question is what kind of snail is it i plan on getting some zoanthids when the tanks ready and i read that theres a snail that kills them i believe it was the sundial snail.is this guy one of those or will he be harmless

Attachments

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Post #3 - nudibranch or slug? probably want to get rid of that too.... but be careful, some are toxic, try and get a positive ID first.

Go through the link I provided, and see if you can make some guesses - it's often difficult to know from another photo, you've gotta kinda look at in detail.

bigt0006

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Looked at the link and didnt see him he has a shell he dissapeared after i took the second pic the first snail i took out with a net. After i got him out i took and flipped and shook and looked at all my live rock and didnt see anything else snail wise.i have another shipment of the same live rock coming probably by friday anything i can do to the rock to get rid of these pests before i put the rock in my tank? Think ill try to find him dont want to take any chances

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can do a freshwater (RO) dip on the new rock - many hitch hikers will come out of hiding to get away from the RO. Alternatively, carbonated (soda) water - the pH jump will send them scampering out of the rock.

Neither method is guaranteed to get all hitch-hikers off, but it may help.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom