First Shrimp

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by michaelmcg, Apr 19, 2017.

1. m

michaelmcg New Member Member

What sort of shrimp are the easiest to have? What I've read online makes it seem like they're more delicate than I'd like to worry about.

2. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

As long as they're going into a cycled tank red cherry shrimp are fairly easy to keep.

3. OP
    OP
    m

Thanks. I'll check them out.

4. Bettanewb

I started out with 5 a few months ago and my population has increased but they are in a community tank and my tetras will take a shot at a shrimplet snack every once in a while. Although the shrimp are usually to quick :)

5. OP
    OP
    m

I've got a big school of tetras. May wait until I get more foliage just to be safe.

6. Bettanewb

Definitely moss is great provides good hiding spots and and something for the shrimplets to feed from.

7. Summer22

Summer22 Valued Member Member

I agree with what's been said. Red Cherry Shrimp are a hardy version of shrimp I think, from what I've read. As long as the tank is stable with cycle, because they are very sensitive to any ammonia spikes big and small. I just got my first shrimp too and love them (even have my first baby shrimp). I was under the impression that shrimp were delicate too until I did more research on RCS.

Happy Shopping :;banana1

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice