First salt water nano tank

1. danmidd Initiate Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405333011.098432.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405333039.335469.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405333069.308810.jpg

I got this yesterday from someone off Gumtree. Do you think from the pictures everything looks ok?
    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Is that the Tmc microhabitat? Is it the 15 or the 30?

3. danmidd Initiate Member

Yes that is correct, its a TMC 15

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Nice looking starter tanks as they're virtually plug & play.
    I was bought the 30 as a gift, but the problems I found with it was the filter inlet got clogged easily & th flow wasn't great, the pump didn't last long, also you couldn't get your hands into the back chambers for cleaning & cleaning the 'glass' inside was hard as being acrylic it scratches very easily.
    Sorry to be negative about it, I traded up quite quickly as they're limited as to what stock you can have, I just had a clown rock goby in mine with some snails
    The 15 is too small for the clowns unfortunately, can't see what the other fish is from the pics.

5. danmidd Initiate Member

Well I'm new to the saltwater side but i've done loads of reading about how to look after the tank. The guy I got this from also said i could keep his number for help.

I see what you mean about the cleaning because you can't really get down behind the pump but I have a pipet that I use to pick it up so its not that bad. My skimmer is working fine and seems easy to use. I've got loads of life in the tank but god knows what they all are haha, i'll send some more photos.

Dan

6. danmidd Initiate Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405336373.041211.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405336391.711239.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405336406.195715.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405336406.195715.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405336435.365073.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405336455.673203.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405336484.722966.jpg

7. danmidd Initiate Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405336627.990125.jpg

8. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Top left is a sexy shrimp Thor amboinensis, very cute little shrimp, the fish bottom right looks like a damsel of some sort, I'm not great on salty Id's.
    The pic on it's own looks like an eviota goby

9. Canomon Initiate Member

I believe the green disks are mushrooms. Theyre awesome and easy to care for. Ill have to agree tho, the clowns are not gonna do too well in a 15 :/. And u also have orange zoas (zoanthids) may be palys tho hard to tell from the small size and pic,

10. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Canomon, FYI, this thread has been inactive for over 7 weeks. Thanks.

11. Canomon Initiate Member

Yea but wouldn't hurt to respond still.