First Salt water fish ideas???

Sam999

Hey!

I am thinking about starting a 200 gallon salt water tank?! Its my first try at salt water soo I was wondering what fish would work well in my tank. It would be a fish only and I have a wet dry trickle filter under the tank (comes with stand already assembled at my LFS). I don't really have any thing set on what fish I want except my two favorite fish which are Emperor angel and dwarf fuzzy lion fish. I have read that they should work because the emperor Angel grows much larger than a dwarf fuzzy so it would not be eaten. And both of these would come after the tank is well established. But as for the rest of the fish I'm open to any suggestions or comments. thx!

Hendrix Fish

I don't know many fish, but here I go. This is what I'd do, but I threw this together, I would probably spend more time finding more colorful, compatible fish. So: 1 Emperor angelfish, 1 dwarf lionfish, 2 blue tangs and 3 spotted hawkfish. You will still have more space so you can find your own. If you have coral/anemones get a pair of tomato clownfish too. Be sure to add the clownfish last to make sure there is no territorial aggression. But you can always ask your LFS to see what they recommend.

CichlidSWAGA

loin fish are my favorite Saltwater fish. I would do a loinfish, blue tangs, and a trigger

lanlesnee

With such a big tank and no corals to worry about your going to have a very wide section as to what kinds of fish you can have.
The Volitan lionfish will get the same size as and emperor angel. You may look at one if you want the fish to be the same size.

I really enjoy my Snowflake eel a lot, but I have to hand feed mine. He's not so good with finding food himself, before the other fish get it.

I also like Tangs alot, Like the Blue hippo tangs, Sailfin tangs and Yellow tangs.

Sam999

Hey thanks! I like the idea of the hippos tangs and I love snow flake eels too but the guy at my LFS said that the eels go out of there way to kill lion fish and that would stink. :/ but I might also add a dog faced puffer.. they look awesome! Thanks for the suggestons I will get back to u when I get the system set for fish

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Aquatilibus
Replies
Views
Wild Bill
Replies
Views