First Reef tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhishHead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ok i got my 42 gal Hex tank up and going. Built my LR up used PVC and plastic grating from drop ceiling lights works great. Added Proper Salt/Water to fill the tank. Put in live rock, added Pink Fiji live sand. had my heater and circulation pump already going. Stayed cloudy for a few days. Turned on my old filter just to clear the water did it over night. Switching to my new Aqueon Filter Today. I want to keep corals and a couple of fish 2 clowns, and a wrasse. Any other ideas for fish or inverts? Also Bought the Kent Marine Reef Starter (Iodide,Strontium&Molybdenum,Liquid Calcium) when should i start adding these? Doing a 10% water change tomrw. ALso have a nice sponge from another tank with good bacteria on it submerged. I was looking at reef starter kits on this site any suggestions?

Any other tips would be great.

Attachments

OP
P

PhishHead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Right now Just the light that the guy sold it to me with 20 inch 15w aquarium flourescent light. I plan on purchasing a HGI clip on 14k 150w light.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good, I was definitely going to suggest a MH pendant because your tank is so deep.

No need to start dosing anything before you have corals in the tank. Even then, a good rule of thumb IMO is to not dose anything you aren't testing for. I keep sps and lps corals along with softies and still don't dose anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom