First Rcs Moult Gave Me A Fright!

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by Hill Dweller, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Hill Dweller

Hill DwellerWell Known MemberMember

i got 3 RCS this week. One is berried! Yay! I put them in an old Betta cube with some java moss until the eggs hatch. Then I will see about trying them in my tanks.

They are munching on small pieces of algae wafer and seem ok.

I peered in today and saw one had gone white and floppy and wasn't moving. Darn it! How could it have died!

But lo! There were still 3 shrimp!

*oh, that's right, they moult, duh*

That was my aquarium LOL for the day :)

2. Arades

AradesValued MemberMember

That happend me when my first crayfish molted. I came in the room and he was molting but i thought he was dying so i went to feed my other fish and i came back and his old shell was there but i thought it was him. Then i thought if he is dead then why is there 2 big claws sticking out of his cave. Lol, i then remembered thay they molt!

3. FishRFriendz

FishRFriendzWell Known MemberMember

Life's struggles were too great, so the baby hung himself with java moss.

IMG_20170321_151554.jpg

4. Dori.anne

Dori.anneValued MemberMember

Been there! About 10 years ago my daughter had a pair of hermit crabs. She was concerned because one wasn't moving. I picked up the shell and what looked like the entire dead crab fell out of the shell. She was heartbroken, and we had a little memorial service and buried it in the garden. Afterwards, I asked her what she wanted to do with the crab's shell. At first she wanted to leave it next to her bed, but eventually decided to put it back in with the other hermit crab in case the other one wanted to switch shells.

A week later the "empty" shell started walking around. Yup, turns out we had a funeral and burial for an intact exoskeleton!! Good thing she ended up putting the shell back in the hermit crab tank. Talk about a confused kid!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice