First Post...And its A Horror Story

GDUBB0409

So I just joined this not too long ago and I figured I would tell about my most recent horror story.

I have a 30 gallon freshwater tank that is currently as stable as can be. I was having issues with my Roseline Sharks going after each other, so I seperated them, rearranged my driftwood, and proceeded to let the tank settle again. I woke up this morning and found one of my clown loaches all dried up (dead obviously) in the bottom of my bucket. I guess he was stuck in the driftwood when I pulled it out and I never saw him.

I feel like a terrible fish enthusiast .

All the other fish are doing fine, I just feel bad about not seeing the loach. He was a baby, probably less than 5cm in length

bark

Sorry to hear that if it makes you feel any better I was rushing one day to clean off some ornaments in my tank in the sink with hot water. So I grabbed it out of the tank without thinking and rinsed it. Sadly there was a clown loach inside of it and he fell out and went down the drain. I felt extremely bad about it and since then I learned the valuable lesson of checking everything before removing anything. Its ok man you and I aren't the only ones to do it. Those clowns you have to be careful with them

kuhliloach85

I'm sorry for your loss. We do what we can; sometimes we make mistakes.

However, FYI - clown loaches get quite big and are more appropriate for a 100+ gallon tank. I was shocked to see how large they get -- I had no idea, until I went over to a friend's place who has two in his 200+ gallon tank!

BornThisWayBettas

Hey, it was an honest mistake. Sorry for you loss. You didn't consciously try to hurt him though, so please don't beat yourself up over it. :console: Best of luck with the rest of your fish.

Anders247

Welcome to fishlore!
I'm sorry for your loss.

GDUBB0409

I learned the hard way about counting the fish haha. The issue is I have one adult loach and 4 (well 3 now) baby loaches that love to munch on my driftwood.

But, I have heard that the Clowns do get pretty big (as well as the roselines), I am hoping to get a 55gal for my current community, and then eventually start a 180 gallon discus once I am in a more permanent setting.

Anders247

Sounds good. You have an adult loach in your 30g? I find that unlikely.... the adult size is 12+ inches.
They do need at least a 150g, so you are on the right track. Roselines min imo is a 55g, so that's good too.

Good luck!

GDUBB0409

Did not know that haha. My larger sized loach is about 2-3in.

Anders247

Oh.... yeah that's def not full sized. Again, good luck!

LiterallyHydro

It was an honest mistake. Try not to beat yourself up over it mistakes happen to the best of us sometimes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Riot36
Replies
Views
cichlid4life
Replies
Views
Bagpipe empire
  • Question
Replies