First post.. Anchor worms

steven11788

Reaction score
ok. first post. new to forum but 20 years keeping 3 gallons to 10ft tank for SA/CA cichilids. never came across anchor worms before. I noticed them on my betta, put him in hospital tank. to late my guppies that got them. they were wiped out in 3 days. My betta survived; with the help of me pulling worm off and a meth blue bath and Dilinim(sp?) in his tank for past week killing off any eggs or free swimming detached ones. ok the odd question is, I treated my 20 long even after guppy die off with Dilinim for the past week , just worried. My cory cats have never showed any signs. When is it ok to put my well betta back in tank.

AquaBaby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi, Steven. And welcome!

So, I've never had to deal with anchor worms. But, I think I remember reading that eggs can take up to 30 days to hatch??? That may not be accurate, though. I'm not sure what dilinim is, but does it say it can kill the eggs?

I'm sure there is some sort of info on Fishlore about how to deal with them. I'll see if I can find something and link it here if someone with experience or knowledge in dealing anchor worms doesn't jump in and help. :)

There are quite a few pages to look through.

So far, I found this one and inside the link it mentions the medicine you listed.

Anchor Worms In Heavily Planted Tank - More Freshwater Aquarium Topics 408327

I also came across this one where they thought the anchor worms were eradicated but weren't, so that is definitely a legit concern.

Anchor Worm - When to pull em out - Freshwater Fish Disease 428976

Maybe one of these two threads will have info that you can find useful! I'm about to head off to bed, but I'll read through more tomorrow.

AquaBaby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

steven11788

Reaction score
Ive did most of what ive learned in these. I think I am in the clear. just read they could possibly come back out of no wear. so fingers crossed it is gone. just odd my cories never showed any signs

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom