First planted tank need advice

1. Bert2oo1 Member Member

http://vi.sualize.us/2007_aga_contest_aquarium_aquascaping_pography_picture_7hce.html

I'm looking at replicating this aquascape, was wondering what the plants are that I'll need and if it's low, medium or high light needed. Also would I need a co2 system to make something like this?
    I have all the rocks and drift wood needed.
    Will be trying to make this scene in a 40g tall tank. Stock will be 2xAngel fish, some neon tetras (if the Angels allow it) and 2x algae eaters of some sort. Buying lighting and co2 to suit the requirements of this scene.

If anyone has any advice for how to go about making this scene and what lighting / co2 would be needed that would be a lot of help! Thanks guys

For got to ask if the high mound on the right side would have to be made out of the fluval substrate I have or can I put that under neath and cover it with something so I don't have to use so much?

2. Ursinos Member Member

I'm just a newb, but I can imagine the "tree" is a bit of driftwood with Java moss tied to it for the leaves. My guess would be dwarf hair grass on the bottom of tank. Looks like maybe a moss ball in the back corner to.

As I said though, I'm just a newb. Anyone else? Am I close?

3. Bert2oo1 Member Member

Yea I thought the tree would be Java :) anyone know a good lighting system for this kind of setup?

4. turtlef1sh Member Member

Yes im prett sure that is either java moss or another carpet plant. Either way basically all small carpet plants like java need low, maybe medium light. I would go with low to start with. Good luck!

5. Bert2oo1 Member Member

Bump