First Impulse Fish Buy Today

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by lyfeoffishin, Jul 20, 2019.

1. lyfeoffishin

lyfeoffishinValued MemberMember

Had my 55 gallon planted tank for 8yrs or so now and never have I made an impulse fish buy before.

So was at petco just looking around looking for ideas for the 5 gallon scape I’d be doing this week sometime. Wife didn’t approve of my ideas and so we just start looking around and low and behold she heads towards the betas and I’m like good luck nothing any good is ever at petco but by gone do they have 3 nice beautiful betas. We walk around the store and I get to thinking these are some nice betas especially for petco. I really liked this blue/white “dragon scale” double half moon palkat (sp) so I decided he can live out a few weeks in my uninhabited 55 gallon until the 5 gallon cycles and plants grow a little.

Here’s Aquaman (named by wife)
    He has been swimming constantly and snatching snails off my plants and glass. He seems to enjoy his space so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JtheFishMan

JtheFishManValued MemberMember

3. Sheldon13

Sheldon13Valued MemberMember

He’s a cutie!

4. NoodleKeeper

NoodleKeeperWell Known MemberMember

He looks like a mozaic! What a handsome fish

5. OurFirstTimeFishy

OurFirstTimeFishyValued MemberMember

Welcome to the impulse family ... very nice looking fish, I understand why hes an impulse. My first impulse was an oscar fish (had only 30 gallon at the time) believe it or not, that was my wife's decision lol

6. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

What a cutie! Why not keep him in the 55g, and leave the 5g for potential new stock (betta)?

7. OP
    OP
    lyfeoffishin

I have plans for the 55 already but it was cycled and waiting for fish so it was better than the uncycled 5 gallon for now. Although he is swimming everywhere and likes it

8. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

You can always move some of the cycled media to the new tank for an instant cycle. But it's a shame he cant stay in there long term, people class bettas as boring slow fish but never found it to be the case. They love larger tanks.

9. OP
    OP
    lyfeoffishin

That’s the plan but I’m going to give the tank a week or two for some plants to get rooted and settled before he goes in there hopefully he doesn’t sulk at all.

10. ThePetPavilion

ThePetPavilionValued MemberMember

That is gorgeous!!!!