First Fishy Death....

Nitemelodies

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It is what I feared most...

My panda Cory has Died T.T I don't even know why.... All my water parameters are fine 0,0,10ppm 7.2~7.4 pH

10703303_763599483686828_929103233_o.jpg he was fine yesterday... today I saw this big red thing on one of his side, and tested my water....
he ate, and everything... should I be worried about my other fish now?

Any ideas?
someone said he might of Zooped around too fast and injured himself.... his 6 siblings will miss him....

The only thing I could think of is I started giving them frozen blood worms, defrost them, cut them up and use a baster thing to put on bottom,,, but everyone else seems fine...

I notticed the spot couple of hours ago... maybe 4 then, hour ago from my bed notice the harlequins were lower then usual.

then movie finished went to turn tank off he was on his side... dead T.T

Now that he has passed what do I do? Should I Do a 20% wc? I don't know this is first time to experience this.... T.T

I am sad

Chris99

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So sorry about your cory. I'm no expert but that looks like an injury of some sort. I would trust someone else if they had a differing opinion.

OP
Nitemelodies

Nitemelodies

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don't know what happened T.T he was fine yesterday... and I thought maybe my plants setup wrong? but all the others go through them fine T.T

mopa

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He may of just injured himself. If water parameters are fine they all seem happy no stress and eat ok, id say your fish are healthy. Sorry for you loss its always ruff to lose a fishy friend, especially if have no idea why it happened.

OP
Nitemelodies

Nitemelodies

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
mopa said:
He may of just injured himself. If water parameters are fine they all seem happy no stress and eat ok, id say your fish are healthy. Sorry for you loss its always ruff to lose a fishy friend, especially if have no idea why it happened.

this is picture of my tank.... but I have bubbler on right wall... and my plants are taller...

you can kinda see driftwod shape

maybe he zipped around and hit my driftwood...? can they see in the dark.... I heard they are nocturnal...

you think my other fish will be okay? maybe I need to remove the wood....

Chris99

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
These things just happen sometimes and are hard to explain. I had a danio that was fine one day and the next day I found him dying at the bottom of the tank with a large cut on his belly. I never figured out what caused it and haven't had any more problems.

OP
Nitemelodies

Nitemelodies

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thanks for input... I will probably water change tom, and keep an eye on his remaining siblings... I believe they will be okay in a group of 6... T,T thank you everyone...

was worried t was a disease...

AndyVE

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ooh...also think it is an injury.
if the remaining fish do not behave weird I would not worry to much about a disease.
Keep an eye on them the next couple of days...

I have 6 corries in my tank and are perfectly happy, so should be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

New Threads