Valued Member
Reaction score
First Fish

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Betta, Betta, Betta. Of course it was a Betta. My babies are almost all bettas. Of course I do not discount my Otos but the Bettas started my love for fish and I do not suppose anyone who knows me could guess that at all. : :-*

Rose

czarben

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was a cichlid, but it may have been a guppy.

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was 10 years old, had just gotten a 10 gallon tank, and stupidly (or naively), was not aware that you can not keep oscars in that small of a tank.
The oscars were soon returned, and I started raising guppies and selling the fry to the LFS for $.25 each.

S.

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love mollies right from my school days.. just for their colours and looks..

Even now, i'm passionate about them..

Neon_Man

Reaction score
My first fish was a goldfish. I got it when I was 8 and lived till I was 10. That fish really got me inspired to keep going with my fish tanks!

Buzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
The first fish I actually owned myself (at 10) - no sharing with siblings would have been tiger barbs, kois and hillaries and the ever popular Pleco ;D

Looking back, man I REALLY overfed my fish :'( !!! Experience - the greatest teacher, I suppose...
Buzz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My first were black mollys when the kids were small, then many years later I started back out with Danios. Still like Danios of any kind.
Carol

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got a goldfish in a tiny container when I was like 6, died within a week, you know the story. :'( I killed quite a few fish before doing my research.

jinx_beta

Valued Member
Reaction score
chickadee said:
Betta, Betta, Betta.  Of course it was a Betta. My babies are almost all bettas.  Of course I do not discount my Otos but the Bettas started my love for fish and I do not suppose anyone who knows me could guess that at all.   : :-*

Rose
Yep... That sums it up for me, Chickadee!!!

clone555

Reaction score
goldfish

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
My first fish was a betta. Well, actually, I had a couple of neon tetras and some other fish when I was about three, but considering that I can hardly remember them,I consider Indra to be my first fish. Followed by K-k and Notus, then Caurus and Tua, then Deisy...

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hehe I can still name all the fish I've had I think...
Kissy, Sunny, Shadow, Snowy, Solar Flare (hey no laughing at the names!! ;D), Muddy, Woodie, Starry, Luna, Sunshine, Sunrise, Corona, Chromie, Promie, Sunspot, Mist, Marble, Littlecloud, Longstripe, Darkeyes, Whitestripes, Mudsplash, Blacktail.

;D

Edit: darn I screwed up two. Last six were identical Cories with long names...so that's my excuse ;D :

lee

Reaction score
mine was 6 lovely adult discus (only two left)

emm

Reaction score
I got a betta and 2 goldfish when I was eight.... they lived for about a year and a half

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mine were goldfish.

jrod

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My first fish was goldfish. ;D

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Just like most people mine was a glod fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom