First fish in cycle

Tallen78

Dillan Murphy said:
Its a 10 gallon tank and it a betta and the levels are 1 ppm
Do u have a filter? As far as ammonia ,if there’s no nitrites showing ur cycle hasn’t started.I would do a wc to keep the ammonia at or around 1-2ppm.The cycle needs ammonia to feed the bacteria but watch it ,test daily and do wcs accordingly

OP
D

Dillan Murphy

Well Known
Tallen78 said:
Do u have a filter? As far as ammonia ,if there’s no nitrites showing ur cycle hasn’t started.I would do a wc to keep the ammonia at or around 1-2ppm.The cycle needs ammonia to feed the bacteria but watch it ,test daily and do wcs accordingly
I dont have a filter yet but im thinking of putting the sponge filter from my other tank in this tank

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
You want to keep the ammonia level as low a possible. Personally I would never let it get any higher than .25 when doing a fish in cycle. The cycling process is important but the health of your fish has to be your first priority. If you have a seeded sponge that has been running in a cycled tank for at least a month it should help cycle this tank.

If the tank the sponge is running in has more than just the one fish in it and like I said has been running for at least a month it should almost instantly cycle this tank.

New Threads