First Bubble Nest!! YAY!

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
HI guys!

I had to share my joy!! When I told my mum she just didn't understand!!

My betta Howl has made his first bubble nest!!!!!!
*hugs tank* I'm so proud of my little boy! All happy and wanting to matteeeee!

And who would have thought? Filter latches are great for bubble nests. He attached it to four little nails that come down from the lid and touch the water. My filter is meant to slip into it, but he didn't like the filter.

*runs around squealing*
Can't wait til I move out into my own place again (buying first home ;O) and start breeding fish again! Finally have a chance to start breeding bettas.

GO HOWL YOU STUD MUFFIN YOU!! <3

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
OOOOO go Howl!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! I remember when my boy Charlemagne made his first bubblenest (he'd been in a community, but got moved to a 5 gal) it was huge! I was so excited! Good for you!!!!! (and congrats on your new house!!!)

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
His is still smallish, but he's made a large one on 1 nail, and small ones on the other 3. I'm thinking when I get home tonight he might have spread it across and merged the little ones into a larger nest. I really should buy him a girlfriend for all his effort.

I'd love to have a betta pair that I could keep in a tank together, heard about some successes and I think it would be cute. But Howl is quite active and dominant for a betta (he believes he's MY master, should see the way he acts when someone is cooking in the kitchen!) and he'd probably wear down a female very fast.

Maybe he can get a girlfriend and a divided tank later

It's strange how crazy we go over our fish. A little bubble nest and I was cheering and going crazy. LOL

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
congrats on the nest! I still am excited to see my boys build nests. it took the vt a long time too. I thought he just didn't have it in him. but then he went into a divided tank with a ct roomie, and I think that inspired him he's become competitive! i'm not even breeding fish, but I think bubble nests are just so cool to see. I make my husband come and look, he half way rolls his eyes. the nerve. my boys work hard!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads