First Brood Of Fry Help!!!

Noor

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
so today I had decided to strip my female Pseudotropheus Socolofi (light blue cichlid) from her many babies. I noticed that these babies are starting to lose their yolk sacks, and are swimming in groups with each other. I currently have these fry in a plastic hermit crab cage within the main tank. These babies are very sweet and cute and I love them. I can’t afford a small breeder tank at the moment but I want to keep them alive and have them grow big enough to swim with mommy and daddy! Please give me any advice and tips to keeping these fry safe and healthy!!!
Also: The tank has many other different mbuna tank mates that I know want to eat my fry.
THANKS!!!

Attachments

guppynubis

Valued Member
Reaction score
you're doing good there..by the way,you can change the crab cage to mineral water bottle..make a tiny hole at bottom,and all around..put suction cup and put it back at main tank

Noor

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
guppynubis said:
you're doing good there..by the way,you can change the crab cage to mineral water bottle..make a tiny hole at bottom,and all around..put suction cup and put it back at main tank
I wasn’t sure about the space they would have to start off with in a Vitamin water bottle. Wouldn’t you feel that’s a little small, would there be a problem with the hermit crab cage? Maybe the holes on the top? Can you design me an example for your idea please, thanks a lot

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom