First brine shrimp try!

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So I hatched my first brine shrimp eggs tonight. It was a decent success. The water got a little colder than I had hoped. But I got a large amount of live shrimp. The betta and glo tetra are the least excited. Cardinals are going to eat until they pop. Cichlid are going nuts. So a success. Will fine tune the process and tomorrow will be a fasting day.

JustAFishServant

Valued Member
Reaction score
Rcslade124 said:
So I hatched my first brine shrimp eggs tonight. It was a decent success. The water got a little colder than I had hoped. But I got a large amount of live shrimp. The betta and glo tetra are the least excited. Cardinals are going to eat until they pop. Cichlid are going nuts. So a success. Will fine tune the process and tomorrow will be a fasting day.
Good for you!! Which brand of Brine Shrimp eggs did you use? I would LOVE to have live Br.S for all these many rescue/foster Bettas!!

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I rushed and got some san Francisco bay shrimp from lfs. Coralbandit says he likes brine shrimp direct. I'll order from them when I use these up. Made my own hatchery from a 1L bottle. 2 airline connectors and 2 control valve. Need a better light. Will be trying again in a couple of days

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Batch 2 started earlier today. Stil need a better light but apistogramma females are either ready to spawn or maybe already have. So a nice treat for them.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would not have 1/100 of the fry or success if I could not hatch BBS IMO ..
That rocks you got good shrimpers !
Refine your method and watch your fish grow !
Even those unaware will eat them if offered enough .
I hatch 3 times a day and almost every tank gets some daily ..
Glad you got it going ,I spent over a year thinking I could not hatch BBS due to bad eggs ..

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I need a good desk lamp for more heat and think I'd hatch more. The betta didnt care for them but it's new to him. But my apistogramma and cardinals loved them. I have one apistogramma protecting a cave and the other getting yellow again. I think these daily 30% water changes are spicing things up. Hopefully last of ich gone I only see one spot on a female apistogramma now. I lost all my first fry either cleaning sand or cardinal took the chance during the change to get them. I am going to focus on these apistogramma after this ich scare is over. And figure out this nilocg pro ppm fertilizer.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom